Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Woah Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Nov 2, 2007, 04:39 PM
    I think my husband has PTSD
    My husband has been back from Iraq for two years. In the past three months he has started having dreams and flash backs. He has told me that he keeps reliving one specific event over and over. He also said that it seems that there is someone in his head screaming to get out. He has also told me that he also has had thoughts of killing himself. He said that he would not do that, but the thoughts are there. I am worried about him. I don't know what to do! He said that he would go and talk to someone about this yet he has not done anything about it. He was talking to someone in his unit and was on his way to starting throphy when he was offered a promotion and deiced not to go to throphy because he did not want to mess up the promotion. I told him that his mental health was more important to me then any promotion. I told him that was fine as long as he did not let it end there. He said that he would but I don't know if I can believe it!? I don't know if I need to push it or if I need to let it be and see if he will take care of it on his own??
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Nov 3, 2007, 12:38 PM
    You need to keep encouraging him to seek help. Thoughts of suicide aren't something to be taking lightly. Your husband sounds very depressed. There are a lot of people who feel this way when they come back from a war. If your husband refuses to seek help, please get help for him. Talk to his parents, his friends, your family's religious leader(if that applies), whatever it takes. I can understand his concerns about the promotion, but you are absolutely right, his mental health is more important. Have a serious talk with him. This is something you need to keep pushing. Some resources that might help are:
    https://www.militarymentalhealth.org/welcome.asp
    Coming Home: Adjustments For Military Families | American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
    http://wwwlhooah4health.com/deployme...ionalcycle.htm
    Hope this helps! Good luck and don't give up! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For my husband [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know how to start. Do I just say I hate myself. I am a young mother of 2. I've been married for 1 1/2 and my insecurities are going to ruin us. I can't watch a movie without starting an argument with my husband. Its so sad. I'm not over weight. I'm actually pretty petite. It's having to...

What Should I do to ge along with my husband? [ 8 Answers ]

I am 26 year old and I am married for 6 years and have two girls... We do not have any communication, I already talked to him about it but nothing good is happening and if I ask him something he gets mad for no reason. If I try to talk to him he says "Yeah, it is my fault, it is always my fault". I...

Husband [ 9 Answers ]

I was wondering how to aproach my husband to use sex tiys, I will like for him to do it to me from behind, but use somekind of vibrator for the front at the same time and I'm not so sure how to ask him to do that for me.

PTSD relapse [ 15 Answers ]

A few days ago I had quite a major relapse of my PTSD symptoms. It was triggered by recent family events, especially something that happened this past Sunday. I know I'm being vague, but I'm not ready to talk about it right now. Those of you who know my family situation probably have an idea of...

View more questions Search