Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Outlet installation
    Hi, I was wondering if the ground on the outlet is required to be up or down, or is it a matter of preference. Thank you much
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 04:59 PM
    A matter of preference, you can mount the box sideways too if you'd like. I have had people ask me to rotate them just so a new bathroon night light would stick upward instead of down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outside outlet [ 2 Answers ]

I just went to plug in my halloween lights and there is no power. I tried all the breakers and nothing. All my props are working if I plug them into an extension cord from inside. So my problem is in the outlet. Everything was working fine when I unpluged them this morning. Could you please give...

Eletrical outlet [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem. My problem is that my TV, dvd, and surround sound all hooked up to one outlet in the living room. All of them shut on and off at the same time. I checked the breaker and it is not tripped. I changed the TV, dvd, and surround sound to a differ outlets and the problem still...

Electrical Outlet [ 2 Answers ]

My Electrical Outlet Is Not Working. I Have Checked The Breaker Box. What Could Be The Problem?

Must you re-wire outlet to outlet? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there. Great site. I am rewiring my 1950's house with plaster walls, older wiring had no ground. Because it is one story, and extremely tight in the attic on the outer walls, I ran a 12/2 home run for the outlets, to a big (1900?) junction box, then "spidered" out to each individual...

120 volt outlet from 240 volt outlet [ 1 Answers ]

I understand that it is possbile to wire a 120 volt outlet from a 240 volt outlet. My 240 volt outlet has 3 wires in, white, black, and a ground. Do I wire the 120 volt outlet from the either wire and the ground? My voltage meter indicates that connection is 120 volts. Is there any down side to...

View more questions Search