Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coldinpdx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Goodman GMP100-4 blows cold air
    Hi,

I have a GMP100-4 that blows cold. The pilot light is on and the burners burn but only for a few seconds before turning off again. The blower is on all the time so I'm getting little to no heat around the house.

I've replaced the filter, I assume there is only one and it is situated below the blower in the bottom compartment of the furnace. This happened a few months ago and the gas man changed the filter and then it worked fine, not this time though.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    hixton Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Nov 2, 2007, 04:51 PM
    You need to clean the flame sensor it's the rod at the end of the orange wire take the screw out then polish it with a brillo pad and reinstall
    coldinpdx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 06:15 PM
    Is the flamer sensor part of the ignitor, the thing that glows and lights the burners?
    hixton Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Nov 2, 2007, 08:17 PM
    No its usually at the other end of the burners it looks like a rod that sits in the flame
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 09:22 PM
    There is a picture in the sticky https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...ons-58313.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Furnace Blows Cold Air [ 18 Answers ]

This actually just started a day ago and I am trying to figure out as much as I can before calling a service person (if necessary). My apologies in advance if I am leaving out important details but I've never dealt with a faulty heater or A/C before. My central heater in the attic was running...

Central heat blows cold air [ 13 Answers ]

We have a central ac/heat system by amana(modBMA42F10A).. ac works great.. Heat blows cold air... used last year and worked fine.. seems like heat coils are not turning on... I took them out cleaned and checked them for continuity.. put them back.. Temp limit sensor was dirty... (cleaned it...

Furnace blows cold air [ 3 Answers ]

Yesterday my furnace stopped heating my home. It is 3 years old & I did some minor troubleshooting. The filter is not clogged and the blower is circulating air normally. I checked inside the unit & the ignitor coil is heating and starting the gas jets burning, but they shut off after about 10...

Please help:Furnace still blows cold air... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi again, I posted my situation a few days ago with very little response, so I wanted to follow up again before calling out a technician. I have a Goodman gas furnace, about three years old. It has electronic pilot ignition, which works fine and will enable the burner flame... the problem is the...

Furnace blows cold air... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a new member and thought I had already posted my question, but I can't seem to locate it. So, here I go again. Condensed version: Goodman Gas Furnace... 2years old. Blows cold air. Electronic ignition... ignites flame burners, but they turn off prematurely after about 2-3min. Then after a...

View more questions Search