Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ALZ1 Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Nov 2, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Spa GFCI wiring
    Here is a visual.
    Full size it to read the print.
    Make sure to use correct wire size for load, distance and location conditions.
    Copper is not cheap, neither is safety it has a heaftier price.
    Find the name on hot tub "control pack", not hot tub "Brand" Some may only be three wire hook up to control pack. (not to often, but still out there)
    If it is a used spa it could have had its pack replaced with a different brand than what Mfg. origonally installed.
    Some control pack Mfgs. Have info online. (ie. Balboa)

**If there is any 120V devices on your spa, like the blower or light system, it needs a neutral. Some instructions manuals can be confusing.

Check out some similar questions!

SPA Wiring [ 3 Answers ]

I have run wires from my main box to the location where I wish to install my spa. I have 3 10 gauge wires (2 power, 1 common) all underground in conduit. Do I sink a rod in the ground for the ground or do I need to run another wire from the box? What are my options? I have also run wires to my...

GFI Wiring for spa [ 2 Answers ]

My friend is wiring a hot tub. He has a 40 AMP at the house and ran 8/3 from the house to the receptacle at the tub. He grounded the ground at the ground bar in the panel, and connected the like color wires directly to the tub at the recetacle box, 3 1/2 feet up from the floor. The GFI (a 50...

Gfci spa panel tripping [ 4 Answers ]

I just installed a spa with 4 wires. The house is old and while the neutral & ground bus bars are separate in the spa panel, they are all on the same bar in the main panel. Do I need to install a ground rod by the spa panel to keep the gfci from tripping? (instead of running the ground back to the...

Spa and GFCI wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 240 amp line that is powering a hot tub installed before I bought the house. The line comes off the main panel in the house through a 50 amp breaker and is routed through a 30 amp GFCI and then to the tub. Pushing the test button on the GFCI does not trip the GFCI. Likewise, manually...

Spa wiring questions [ 4 Answers ]

I recently purchased a hot tub (spa). It calls for 6-3 with ground 240 volt 50 amp gfci breaker installed. I have almost completed the job and have some questions. I installed a 50 amp breaker in a subpanel in my laundry room and ran the 6-3 wire with ground down in the crawl space out to the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.