Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Ministries and charities
    Many people use the excuse for not giving to ministries, charities and missionaries because "the kids and ones it is meant for only see a small portion of the money while the organization is using the majority on the upkeep of the building(s)".

I was thinking it would be nice to get a list of good places you feel do a good job with what they receive.

These are two of the ones that I feel really are for real and worthwhile.

Home metroministries.org

MSF-USA: HOMEPAGE

What are some of your favorites?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 06:13 PM
    The God's Child Project - The GOD'S CHILD Project
    Home on the Range - Home on the Range, a residential child-care facility, Sentinel Butte, North Dakota.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 29, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Since we are listing,
    All of our money we receive goes to charity. There are no paid people at all in our group.

Unity Catholic Church
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 07:42 PM
    The Salvation Army is my favorite. They work with the most down and out members of our society in a variety of ways.

Nothing better in my experience. :)
    kindj Posts: 253, Reputation: 105

Oct 30, 2007, 06:17 AM
    I'm more of a "direct giving" kind of guy. I see someone needing help, and I help them. I don't know how widespread they are, but here locally Catholic Family Services does an outstanding job.

Here's a link to another great site. It costs nothing to donate, as sponsers are picking up the tab. On one site, you can help with world hunger, breast cancer, child health, child literacy, the rainforest, and animal rescue.

http://www.thehungersite.com/clickTo...t_home_sitenav

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401k Withdrawal directly to charities [ 3 Answers ]

I read somewhere that you can direct the administrator of your 401K plant to send a withdrawal (I am over 65 ) directly to a recognized charity thereby avoiding the income tax due on the withdrawal. If this is true is this allowable before you have to begin taking the mandatory withdrawals? ...

View more questions Search