Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweet_tink83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 10:05 PM
    Birth control
    I wanted to start using the birth control patch again after my pregnancy, I'm not breastfeeding. I got a sample pack to get started and a prescription from my OB/GYN so I figured I was all set. Then someone told me I couldn't start using the patch unti I had my first actual period after I had my baby. So my question is, can I start using the patch even though I having started having my period again yet? I don't want to get pregnant again so I'm really anxious to start my birth control again. Thanks for your help.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 10:38 PM
    Planned Parenthood's website says you can start the birth control patch anytime (don't have to wait for your period) if you use another method of birth control for the first week.

"If you apply your first patch more than five days after the start of your period, use another method of birth control if you have vaginal intercourse during the first week — protection will begin after seven days."
    "If you apply your first patch within five days after the start of your period, you are protected immediately."

<http://www.plannedparenthood.org/birth-control-pregnancy/birth-control/the-patch.htm>

Hope this helps.
    Asking

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth Control causes birth defects? [ 1 Answers ]

So I take Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and was reading some info about it and noticed that it said you should not take it if you are pregnant (obviously!) because it causes birth defects. So then I started wondering, what if you are taking it and for some reason it doesn't work and you end up pregnant (as...

Birth control [ 5 Answers ]

I have a really bad head ace but I also need to take my birth control but can I take them one after the other?? :confused:

Birth Control [ 10 Answers ]

Im 15 and have never had a pap smear I don't want to get one for a while either. I don't feel comfortable with someone I don't know doing that stuff to me. But.. Im thinking about havine sex with my boyfriend and I'm 100% sure nor he or I have a std and I want to go on birth control to be safe and...

Birth control [ 2 Answers ]

How long does it take to start your period when you come of birth control. I was taking it for 4 months and my period would always start the next day or two. I quit taking it for good to try and get pregnant. Its been 3 weeks today that I stopped taking it. Does this mean I'm pregnant.

View more questions Search