Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melissa1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 5

Oct 28, 2007, 03:07 PM
    3 positive tests
    Right everyone where do I start right, I have a 16 month old daughter but since having her I haven't had a period until the last week of sept when I was rushed into hospital will really heavy bleeding I was in for the night and put on a drip they checked to see if I was having a miscarriage and all results were negative now if this was in fact a period and it was so heavy because I hadn't had one in so long would have made my period due Tuesday just gone but still no bleeding . I decided to do a hpt today with the first urine of the day and it came up positive so I did another to make sure which was also positive, I later went into town to get a first response test I did it about 2 hours ago and came out positive straight away!!
    I am over the moon about it but keep getting like period pains I don't remember if I had anything like this with the first pregnancy as I didn't no I was pregnant till I was 3 months!

Sorry to go on but I just need to no if this is normal! Also I am on medication for an under active thyroid should I stop taking it??
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 03:16 PM
    Okay... if I'm understanding this correctly... you had heavy bleeding and the tests showed it not to be a m/c. How long after this bleeding did you come to believe you missed your period? Are you saying you went through the heavy bleeding and then about a month later you missed you "next period?" If this is the case then congrats!! Sounds like you pregnant! The cramps are normal as long as they are not accompanied by bleeding and I would ask your doctor about the medication you are taking, ASAP! :)

Oct 28, 2007, 03:19 PM
    Well I had the bleeding from the 24th sept for 6 days really heavy then stopped everythin fine since then normally my cycles would have been 28days so I would have been due for my period Tuesday but still nothing so did tests all positive

Glad the cramps are normal still not feeling any different though just the period like pains
    Thanks for your help xx
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 03:24 PM
    Okay I see, so you were due for your period Tues, Oct. 23rd and it never came. Well, congrats!! If this is the case then me and you will have close to the same due date! Mine is July 1st, 2008! I had a few bouts of period like pain a couple days ago also... it's normal. :)

Oct 28, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Oh that's good then congrats to you also!
    Have a great pregnancy!
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 04:06 PM
    You as well!

Oct 28, 2007, 04:08 PM
    Thanks I will try!
    Getting headaches a lot as well are these normal sorry for all the questions but like I said with my 1st baby I didn't find out I was pregnant till I was 3 months I had no symptoms
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Yes this is very normal... this was my biggest clue that I was pregnant! It's caused by the increase of blood flow; don't worry ask all the questions you need... I'll probably have some of my own as well! :)

Oct 28, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Thanks hun you're a star!!
    Feeling bloated all the time but think that's normal!
    I feel really silly asking all these questions when I already have a baby
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 06:16 PM
    Don't feel silly! Yes, I feel VERY bloated too! Haha!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Faint Positive tests and then negative tests [ 4 Answers ]

Here is my situation. First of all, you should know that I'm on Metformin because I have very irregular periods and am borderline PCOS. Now for the tests. The first day of my last period was Oct 21st. This is not uncommon for me to be this late, but I took a test anyway to see if I was...

Repeated Positive Ovulation Tests [ 8 Answers ]

Here I am again - the ongoing sagga of trying to get pregnant again:) My question is about ovulation. I am on my third round of Clomid - & I have taken the at home ovulation tests & have gotten a positive result for the last 5 days. I called my doctor & they want me to come in and have some...

It's a Positive! [ 11 Answers ]

Hey, this isn't a question, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I took a test this morning, and it was a positive!

Try to be positive [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently looking for a new job. I do like my job, but it is extremely quiet. I need more challenges and with the company not making any money, my boss could decide to close. I know for sure I will not get a wage rise with there being no work, so I am not going to progress on to anything...

View more questions Search