Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zbabe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 01:36 PM
    price for textured roms
    I recently asked what to charge for textured rooms and now I am wondering if 150.00 ea. for 2 people per room, each room 10.5 X 15.5. it took 16 hours to do 2 rooms. What do you think?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 28, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Sounds like cheap labor to me. What's the going labor rate? Am I wrong in my calcualtions but it appears you were working for less than $10 p/h.
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Oct 30, 2007, 02:53 PM
    Why did it take so long to texture these 2 rooms? How are you applying the texture?
    zbabe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 03:44 PM
    It took so long because I textured these rooms by hand with a Trawl. It was put over panelling that had been up for years.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Oct 31, 2007, 03:15 AM
    When you ask the first time you didn't mention using a hand trawl, I took it as you were texuring the ceiling with a texture gun/hopper, which would have taken 4 to 6 hours including clean up. As for hand texture, yes that would run more. Id expect double what you charged
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Oct 31, 2007, 08:22 AM
    Using a trowel to apply texture and then working it IS intense labor. This isn't necessary.

If you use a hopper you can spray on the base texture (assuming you are using joint compound watered down) and then use a trowel, texture comb, napped roller, broom, etc. to give the effect you wish... knockdown, orange peel, or even a fossil or suede looks.

The question here is are you contracting multiple jobs where time is of the essence or just single jobs whenever you wish?

The more you contract, the cheaper your labor rates are but the more you can earn.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Charging for textured walls [ 2 Answers ]

My partner and I have texturized 2 rooms 10.5 x 15.5. I have done a whole house before for a friend but didn't charge. I am needing to know what is the usual charge for 2 rooms that size for 2 people? Thanks, Z

Loading cd roms [ 5 Answers ]

Every time I try to load a cd install rom I am getting the message from installshield that error 6005 has occurred. I know I need to change something inmy settings but I don't know what. Is there another way of insalling without isntallshield?

Destroying CD-ROMs [ 7 Answers ]

I have been going through all my ROMs trying to get all the stuff onto one or two disks and deleting multiple files that I have accuired. I have a pile of ROMs that I have all the stuff off that I want but don't have a shredder that is capabale of destroying them. Is there another way to destroy a...

Smoothing textured walls [ 8 Answers ]

Help! We have heavily textured walls which catch all the dust. I would like to smooth out the walls, do I use "sheetrock topping joint compound"? Or something else? Do I put this on in thin layers or in one thick layer? This is hard work for an old lady, any advice would be so gratefully received....

Roms and Emulators [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best site for roms and emulators?

View more questions Search