Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    i45ric Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Rental History being withheld
    We had a 1 yr. lease that expired almost 5 months ago and were at that time asked to re-sign another 1 yr lease. The Realtor said she would contact us when to come in and re-sign, she never called.At first we didn't mind because we knew our rent was always paid early, we never had any major problems with the neighborhood and didn't really want to move.
    We just found out the home has been put up for sale and decided to move since we don't have a lease.
    We contacted the realtor and told them we would give them 2 months notice after our rental history application was accepted.
    The realtor has refused to respond to the application and we may lose this newer, less expensive home.
    What recourse have we? Reside in Florida.
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Oct 25, 2007, 04:48 PM
    You need to do EVERYTHING in writing. Copies of your cancelled checks prove your on-time rental payment.
    i45ric Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 05:21 PM
    Thank you all for your responses, they are what I'd thought they would be. The strange thing about it is the current landlord won't reply to rental verification so I can move "out" of their home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Checking the history if the history has been deleted [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know all the sites my family has been visiting on the web. How do I check that if the history has been erased/deleted? Thanks in advance.

Opt tax withheld vs h1b tax withheld [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a F1 visa holder. I have an offer to work in California and this company got the h1b visa for me, This visa starts on October 1th. I got a better offer from another company in Houston and I would like to take this offer over the California one. I will get the opt in September and...

Credit Score affected by Rental History [ 1 Answers ]

I recently moved out of an apartment since the company doubled the rent. They claim I owe them $150 for the apartment being left dirty which is untrue. I don't want to pay this on a matter of principle but the new apartment place claims my rental history is not OK. How can I dispute this? Is...

How much should be withheld [ 1 Answers ]

If I make 1600 per week. Am head of house hold with one child how much federal taxes should be with held.

Obtaining Rental History from a former landlord [ 3 Answers ]

I need to obtain a letter about my rental history or a legitimate contact from a former landlord. I moved to Chicago from Los Angeles area in September 2005. I lived at the Los Angeles residence from 7/2000 to 9/2005. The building was sold to a company called 800 Gold LTD in 2002. The onsite...

View more questions Search