Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brandy06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 12:24 PM
    My boyfriend has a low IQ.
    My boyfriend has a much lower IQ than I do. It is really affecting our relationship. He does not have general life skills. I can't take him to nice places. He can't help my kids with difficult homework. I thought I loved him, but now that I have really figured this out, I am having a horrible time! We have been dating just over a year now. Has anyone ever had such difficulty?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 24, 2007, 12:27 PM
    What is his IQ? How do you know?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2007, 02:56 PM
    What exactly is a much lower IQ? What is your IQ? Did you date him for his IQ or for other reasons? Can you help your daughter with her hard homework? Why do you expect your boyfriend to do that? I am a college graduate and not a slouch but I would have a tough time with some of the homework I have seen. Two years ago I mentored a student in grade school and was amazed at what was expected of her, in regards to homework.

Your difficulty comes from your expectations not being met. You either set your bar too high or you were not thinking about being intellectually compatible at the time. Now it bothers you, that he is not "your equal". Be a blessing to this guy and allow him to find a woman who will accept him just as he is - flaws and all. He is probably one of the nicest guys in the world too. Shame on you.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 03:58 PM
    Well, you are not married right? If you are not happy you have options.

You can just explain that it is not working out for you, and find a smarter, more compatible guy.

Click on this link for breakup how-to's: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...de-116834.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On the low [ 2 Answers ]

I am separated and have been since 12-24-06. Yes I married a drug-addict and alcoholic he threw me and my 2 mon old son out that night because he couldn't see his kids by his first marriage (because of his verbal abuse) I left there with the clothes on my back and a few other things... went back...

Low rpms [ 1 Answers ]

I have a vanguard V21 engine in a lawn tractor and can't get the rpms up. The throttle is wide open but rpms are low. The choke is off. Its only 1 yr old with few hrs on it. Any ideas??

Low Pressure and Low Flow Water Supply [ 4 Answers ]

I recently moved into a house that is about 6 years old. The house sits upon a small hill. The water pressure is 40 psi at the street and the flow rate is 13 gpm. At the house, the pressure is about 30 psi and the flow rate is 3.5 gpm. The house is higher than the street level, but the...

Buying a car on low income with low responsibility [ 0 Answers ]

I am a student. The car that my parents bought for me doesn't run anymore. I want to buy a new car. My parents have bad credit. My grandparents pay for my schooling, but they will not buy me a car. I only make $5000 to $7500 a year. I have no real financial responsibilities. All of my income is...

View more questions Search