Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Oct 24, 2007, 08:28 AM
    Washing machine that overflows
    I have a washing machine that occasionally will not stop filling with water in the initial fill cycle or the rinse cycle and overflows. Anyone know what might be the problem and how hard it would be to fix it? I bought a new one and tried to find a repair company that would take the old one off my hands with the thought they could fix it and sell it, but no luck there. So I thought I might try to fix it myself and sell it before I put it in a landfill. Also would give it away if someone wanted it to do the same (in Colorado).
    Guinness683 Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Oct 24, 2007, 08:31 AM
    There is usually a pressure switch connected to the tub by a rubber tube, this could be blocked or it could need a new switch.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 24, 2007, 09:26 AM
    That tube could also be cracked and can't hold enough presssure to trip the switch. Try pulling it off at the tub end and blow air by mouth to see if you can trip the switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing Machine Overflows [ 4 Answers ]

My washing machine, Kenmore model # 110.49722991 (apartment size) doesn't sense how much water is in the tub and will continue to fill until it overflows. Twice now I have flooded my apartment with 2" of water. I don't think I will try for three. :eek: Can it be fixed or should I just get another....

Washing machine drainage into utility sink overflows [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My dh and I are new, first-time, homeowners and we have encounter this problem on more than several occasions. We have a 1951 Cape, with a basement utility sink. The washing machine is set up to drain into the sink using a flexible rubbery hose that is placed over the side of the sink. The...

Plumbing, washing machine drain overflows [ 1 Answers ]

When my washing machine drains, the water backs ups and overflows out of the pipe. I tried to flush out any blockage with a steady flow of water down the pipe and there was no back up or overflow. It only happens when my washing machine drains. What could be the problem?

Washing Machine Drain Overflows [ 3 Answers ]

My washing machine drain overflows on occasion. I recently installed an in-wall box for the valves and drain. The drain is 2" dia and 31" in length, 42" above the floor. There is a trap also 2" and a run of 5" to the main line also 2" in dia. The vent is 1.5" and is clear. It does not always back...

Washing machine overflows into sink (and over) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a house that is more than 100 years old. Our washing machine is in the basement. About 30 feet over, we have a half bath. Whenever we run a large load, water drains out of the washing machine OK, but backs up into the bathroom sink, and eventually over the counter and onto the...

View more questions Search