Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spop Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Oct 23, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Dedicated People
    When some people join a group, they stay in it for a while. Then suddenly they stop meeting with the group, and people hear nothing else from them, unless they run into them on the street. And when they run into them that person makes an excuse, and say they will be back. But they don't come ever back. Why do people do that? How can dedicated people be found? How does a leader of a group keep membership and growth? Are people allowed to be bounty hunted by their ex-groups?
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2007, 07:31 PM
    People come and go from all groups.
    Some groups just aren't for some people.

The best advice I can offer is to just keep new members coming.
    People who fall into the uninterested category will leave (good for the group) and the people who really care for the cause will be left.
    The older your group gets, the more members it will have that actually care about the purpose of the group... just keep new members coming:)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 07:35 PM
    I would guess that it depends partly on what type of group it is and if the person takes it as hounding or feeling welcome. Like when I was going to non denominational churches they would preach, "If you don't see someone in church give them a call and let them know you missed them...." Nobody ever called me and I felt not missed and wished someone would reach out and say they missed me and ask me why I didn't come back. Which I would have told them I have no transportation. Yet I know others that would find somebody calling and asking why weren't you there as a nuisance and use it as an excuse for not going back.
    Maybe call and say they were missed and ask why they don't come back. You could even make a survey type thing asking questions like
    If they found your group helpful?
    If they are considering coming back?
    If there is a reason for their not coming back that your group could do to change
    Like needing a ride?
    If they lost interest in the groups (hobby or whatever you are meeting for)?
    What they felt helpful?
    What they felt could be improved?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dedicated Hosting [ 6 Answers ]

I know most "review" and "ranking" sites are a bit misleading in that they have affiliate links to the sites they list - and why sites are in their "top 10" is undisclosed. ... so looking for personal recommendations based on either your own personal experience or that of friends or other people...

Dedicated circuit for refrigerator [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. My refrigerator is on a circuit that is protected by a GFCI. It is on the same circuit that protects the electrical around the kitchen sink. I would like to place it on a dedicated 20 amp circuit. The wall space behind the frig backs up to the plumbing for the bathroom shower and the...

How to wire an 15amp dedicated outlet from breaker panel to kitchen [ 1 Answers ]

I need to put a 15 amp outlet that has its own breaker in my kitchen above the cabinets or in cab over oven. This is for a microwave oven. Thanks in advance for any help!

Dedicated Bathroom Junction Box [ 2 Answers ]

The homerun for a dedicated bathroom circuit currently supplies a pull-chain light in a closet (closet is not in the bathroom). I would like to remove the pull-chain and have a junction box there. Is this okay or since there is a junction box in a non-bathroom location does that violate the...

Dedicated servers [ 3 Answers ]

Is taking a dedicated server service with a hosting service provider will make it possible to host multiple web sites with unlimited number of domains?

View more questions Search