Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    John Da Posts: 195, Reputation: 3

Oct 23, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Describing Your Age
    Do you realize that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we're kids? If you're less than ten years old, you're so excited about aging that you think in fractions.

"How old are you?"
    "I'm four and a half."
    You're never 36 and a half... You're four and a half going on 5.

You get into your teens; now they can't hold you back. You jump to the next number. "How old are you?" "I'm gonna be 16." You could be 12, but you're going to be 16. Eventually.

Then the great day of your life; you become 21. Even the words sound like a ceremony. You BECOME 21... Yes!

Then you turn 30. What happened there? Makes you sound like bad milk. He TURNED; we had to throw him out. What's wrong? What changed? You BECOME 21; you TURN 30.

Then you're PUSHING 40... stay over there. You REACH 50.

You BECOME 21; you TURN 30; You're PUSHING 40; you REACH 50; then you MAKE IT to 60.

By then you've built up so much speed, you HIT 70. After that, it's a day by day thing. You HIT Wednesday...

You get into your 80's; you HIT lunch, you HIT 4:30. My Grandmother won't even buy green bananas. "Well, it's an investment, you know, and maybe a bad one."

And it doesn't end there...

Into the 90's, you start going backwards. "I was JUST 92."

Then a strange thing happens; if you make it over 100, you become a little kid again. "I'm 100 and a half."
    :D :D :D
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2007, 05:53 PM
    I heard a really funny turn of phrase about age this weekend:

"I'm older than 21 but younger than God!"
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 07:39 AM
    Makes a lot of sense, Good joke;)
    Elhamii Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 01:41 PM
    It's really nice , I like it a lot thanks so much..

:)
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 01:48 PM
    Lol, like that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Age [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Ihave a granddaughter trying to find out if the state of mi allows a child who will turn 5 on dec 27 can start kin after she is 5

When it comes to age. [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 17 year old girl, and I just met this real nice guy. He gave me his number and we started talking, we are supposed to hangout tomorrow.. he is 24. Is that too old? Help :(

"Dark Age" or "Golden Age" of Human Existence? [ 3 Answers ]

History shows us over and over that all great civilizations eventually come to an end. It stands then that our Civilization (as we know it) will come to an end sometime as well. Do you think the world is slipping into a "Dark Age", or are we about to emerge into a "Golden Age" ? We seem to...

Old age? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a rotty/german shepard mix... goin on about 5 years now. He just recently has been sick. I don't know the problem, he drools a lot more than usual, doesn't eat, and barely moves. When he does he seems to be real weak (shakes) and needs assistance. What do I do?

View more questions Search