Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    askmaya Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Softwares required
    I want to work on ASP. What all softwares I need to have on my system. What is the right operating system. I'm learning ASP by myself, with internet tutorails help.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 22, 2007, 10:21 AM
    All you need is a WEB server and that just for testing.

Microsoft does have a free tool: Visual Web Developer that can be helpful but its not absolutely necessary.
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Oct 29, 2007, 05:55 AM
    ASP.NET 2.0 and some more with AJAX. I am using Visual Studio '05, I think VS'08 is out for free, look in MS site for Visual Studio Express, its free. Also do you need a study partner.
    askmaya Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 10:53 AM
    Dear Sir,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I'm interested to have a study partner. Can you become a study partner or you recommend to have somebody. Let me know.

Regards,
    askmaya
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Oct 29, 2007, 09:13 PM
    I would like to study with you and help with your project if you have one, I do not at this time, I am studying VB Studio '05, ASP, ADO, SQL, WebForm, WinForm, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), VBA in Excel, building a Web Site for practice with a MS Starter Kit, will eventually build my own with VB to include a lot of the above. Mix in some AJAX and JAVA, XAML, schema, and some stuff I don't understand yet, like most of the stuff listed above, I know its sad.

I have a pretty big database and lots of internet sites for reference, from beginners through MSDN to hard core programmers sites like CodeProject and several others.

We can collaberate here so others may learn or we can go one on one through personal e mails.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Softwares needed to work on ASP [ 2 Answers ]

Dear sir, I would like to know the software required for working on a project in ASP. I have XP professional as the operating system. Will I be able to view the project in internet explorer, like the way I see on the internet? Also, tell me about personal server installation.

P2p sharing softwares for Ubuntu? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know any good p2p sharing softwares for Ubuntu LInux? I was thinking about amule but I'm not sure if that's good..

Evaluation or Trial period softwares [ 6 Answers ]

I have so many softwares, downloaded from net. Most of shareware... I have found some software's key but some are Trial period. After some days or weeks it will close and I can't run it again. Is there any solution for cracking these type of limited softwares from Registry(regedit)? I have...

OEM Softwares [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I really want Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional Full-Version but it's over $400! I just recently received a SPAM mail that directed me to a website that sells Adobe Acrobat 6.0 OEM for only $50. The website says it is functionally identical to the $400 retail version and it is completely legal....

View more questions Search