Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mgyoung Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2007, 07:53 PM
    8 weeks late and negative HPT
    It has been more than 8 weeks since my last period. My last Period was Aug. 24 Last month (Sep) I had very light pink spotting 1 time the day I was supposed to start and nothing since. I am now 3 days late for the next period. HPT are still negative. I have 3 children and my test before always showed positive right away. I am going to make a doctors appt. Mon. Although we're not trying to get pregnant it would be okay if I were. I am just going crazy not knowing what's going on. I think I'd be too far along to still get a false negative. But I've never missed 1 period other than when I was pregnant, let alone 2. Has anyone experienced a similar situtation? How did it turn out for you?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 20, 2007, 07:59 PM
    Are you taking your HPT using first morning urine? If not, this may account for the false negative.

As you know, every pregnancy is different. I NEVER tested positive before 4 months when in all actuality I should have been testing negative at that point.

Make that doctor's appointment, you need to find out what is going on.
    mgyoung Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mgyoung
    it has been more than 8 weeks since my last period. My last Period was Aug. 24 Last month (Sep) I had very light pink spotting 1 time the day I was supposed to start and nothing since. i am now 3 days late for the next period. HPT are still negative. I have 3 children and my test before always showed positive right away. I am going to make a doctors appt. Mon. Although we're not trying to get pregnant it would be okay if I were. I am just going crazy not knowing what's going on. I think I'd be too far along to still get a false negative. But I've never missed 1 period other than when I was pregnant, let alone 2. Has anyone experienced a similar situtation? How did it turn out for you?
    Yes I did test with first morning urine. I am also nursing a 3 month old, but I've already had 2 periods since I started nursing so I don't think that is it. It's driving me crazy not know what is going on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Over two weeks late but HPT says Negative? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I was wondering, how long after a missed period, should a Home Pregnancy Test read Positive? The first day of my last period was June 13th and I have taken about 4 Home Pregnancy Tests in the last 2 1/2 weeks. I have been pregnant 3 times before, and found out very soon after conception... in...

13 days late with negative hpt? [ 1 Answers ]

My late regular period was 7/20/07... I had symptoms of AF about between 8/7-8/14, which is early for me anyway and they pretty much all went away. Then, a few days later I started getting a lower back ache (like AF is coming, but it never did), I now have breast tenderness (nipples are not...

I'm late with negative hpt [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 26. I am now 6 days late on my period. I have been off birth control for 4 months now and as soon as I got off I resumed normal on times except for this month. This is the first time I am ever late. I was supposed to start on Saturday the 28th. I was so sure I was going to start because I...

View more questions Search