Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Whitneyblayne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 08:09 PM
    What is 401(k)
    What is 401(k)? Considering a new job that offers 401(k) as a benefit. What exactly is it?
    Too Short Posts: 85, Reputation: -1

Oct 18, 2007, 09:44 PM
    A standard tax deferred retirement plan. A set percentage of an employee's wages is contributed on a pretax basic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taxes On 401 K [ 2 Answers ]

Is it true. That in the state of Oregon. You can Do a Hardship withdrawal on 401k and pay taxes on the amount you receive at the end of the tax year. Or is it mandated that you pay all taxes up front prior to withdrawal.

Looking for my 401 [ 3 Answers ]

I need help if any one has any information to share, I would greatly appreciate. I have money invested in a retirement from a job I worked at about 5+ years ago. Since I quit, the medical clinic has closed it's doors. I can not remember the name of the retirement funds that we used and would...

401 withdrawal [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting ready to leave my job and I want to close out my 401 and use it in helping me start a small businness. I have about 107.000 in there now how much can I expect to receive after they tax it

401 k [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a penalty for borrowing on a 401 k?

401 K question [ 2 Answers ]

I will be leaving my employer at the end of the month. I intend to roll over my 401k account to an IRA. If I wished to keep what funds I have contributed this year, do the penalties still apply?

View more questions Search