Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jabod_profile Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2003, 03:53 AM
    Fax/Color Printer/Copier-Mac Compatible
    Does anyone know which combination fax/color printer/copier is the most compatible with Macintosh. Looking at a hewlit packard site there have apparently
    Been many things that haven't worked too well in the past.
    I need simple, straightforward, good quality that's relatively fast.
    kmarcille Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2003, 01:15 PM
    Fax/Color Printer/Copier-Mac Compatible
    I am a fan of the HP OfficeJet G5. I have one, it works very well, answers even if after my telephone answering machine picks up. Good luck! :)

Kim Marcille
    Herald.com
    bausman Posts: 19, Reputation: 5

Jan 20, 2006, 07:41 PM
    For OS 9, I'd say support is limited. For OS X, I think you can hook up just about anything you want. I have several HP printers (OfficeJet 7130, Deskjet 970) that work fine.

HP is notorious for throwing in loads of extras which I think just take up space and slow things down. I generally don' t install all their stuff - just the drivers if needed.

If you want to do the fax from your desktop, scan, etc you'll need the extra stuff installed. Just look at HPs website and also check out MacWorld. There are many good reviews about which printers work and those that don't.

In most cases, you can print to just about any printer, but the manufacturer may not provide the same set of software that's available for the windows version. HP is pretty good about providing software for both now.

I hope this helps.
    Carvel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need name of older movie [ 2 Answers ]

It most probably was on television late 70's early 80's. There was a woman who cured the sick by touching them. I remember one scene in which she stopped a little girl's nosebleed. I know it's not much, please help if you can. Thanks!!

AVG + Stinger--Compatible? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, A while back, I worked on someone's PC, and did nothing to it but do virus and spyware scans. I carry McAfee's Stinger standalone program with me on a USB drive and I used this on her PC. It found nothing. This person had AVG on the PC as well, but I did not run it, as I have never...

Fax/copier/printer [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I do not know if this post will end up in the right spot-I am trying to buy a fax/copier/printer that is compatible with a mac osx easy to use-etc Any suggestions between a canon a brother ?I have a small business - mostly send pdfs but need to replace an old Brother- Thank you

Hp printer/scanner/copier/copier [ 3 Answers ]

Quick question, anyone know why my hp psc 2175 keeps saying its busy?Lady love

Fax machines compatible with Macs [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about Brother Fax/printer machines? Trying to find a fax machine that is compatible with Macs and apparently Brothers is. Anybody have any experience with this one? 

View more questions Search