Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JennFairbanks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2005, 07:04 AM
    Not sure if my house is haunted
    There have been a lot of strange occurrences in the house I am living in. My husband and I live there with another couple and their 2yr old son. The first thing that happened is one day the other girl in the house was cooking lunch and she heard glass raddling and looked into the living room and all the candles had been taken off the fireplace. About 2 weeks later we all went out of town for the weekend, my husband and I were the first to return and when we walked into the house, everything had been taken off the mantel above the firplace and was spread out all over the floor, and everything that was on the walls were leaning up against the base of the fireplace. Then about a week or so later the other girl and I were watching TV and decided to go in the living room. We passed the garage door and it was shut and all the lights were off, so we sat down on the couch and about 30 min. went by and we heard a noise that sounded like the dogs coming through the doggie door but they were both in the room with us and so we looked into the kitchen and the garage door was open and the light was on. That night my husband got up to go to the bathroom and our dog was standing at the door way to the living room growling very harshly at something in the living room, so he turned on the light to find there was nothing there. Then comes last night. I just found out I'm pregnant and have been under a lot of stress lately so I've had a little trouble sleeping. Well I kept waking up last night and every time I did I could here this banging noise. Upon listening to it for a little while I realized it sounded like cabinets opening and shutting. They are all baby proof with those little white hooks you have to push down on to open the cabinet and the sound I heard was like someone couldn't get them to open so they were just opening as far as they could and slamming shut. The other couple's 2yr. Old son does this quite often while trying to get in the cabinets, but he has in his crib with the door shut and everyone was in their own rooms. My brother had come to stay the night with us and he slept in the living room, but when I woke him up this morning he had no clue about what I was talking about. Everyone has said that they get a strange feeling when standing next to the fireplace, so we placed some candles and flowers in the place where the logs go. The spirit or whatever it is I guess is friendly, its never done anything to harm any of us. Is there somewhere I can go to find out if anything has ever happened in this house?
    Sage Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Nov 20, 2005, 10:41 AM
    Don't stay, move. Let no excuse stand in your way, do what you have to do but just go.
    Tark Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Dec 19, 2005, 01:11 AM
    It sounds a bit creepy. I couldn't advise you on what to do, but getting a religious person to bless the home might be an idea, if you are into that sort of thing.
    I doubt I'd run away, if there is no harm being done to you, but you might think of moving out for a while at least until after your baby is born if the situation is causing you to stress
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 19, 2005, 09:54 AM
    I agree on having the home blessed. I have heard that even if you can't see the spirit if you just talk to it nicely like next time you hear it messing with the cabinents then just explain that they are latched for the safety of the children. Tell him or her that you respect them but you are undersome stress and would apprecitate if they would calm down on the noises and moving things around. Lots of times this actually works if the spirit is friendly as you say. The spirit may be a child themselves.
    puppydog1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Well creppy the spirt just sounds well... playful its like a scavenger hunt for him
    Whatever your doing sounds OK because he sounds happy and friendly.
    sammybaby199 Posts: 66, Reputation: 7

Apr 30, 2012, 01:28 PM
    If you do anything, save the blessing for last. If it's not hurting you or your family, then there's no point. As of right now, it's just messing with you guys. When you walk into the house just say hi to whatever is there, but if it's scaring you just tell it to stop and that you don't want it there.

Blessings should only be used in a serious case like if you feel threatened or are scared out of your mind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My house is haunted [ 23 Answers ]

The other night I found this site by typing in 'how do you know if your house is haunted'.Well, after reading what others wrote I began piecing things together. I am sure that my house is haunted. I would like to find out the history of this house (it was built in 1888) but I don't know where to...

My house is haunted! [ 17 Answers ]

I've always had ghostly experiences since I was 2 years old. I am 51 now. We just purchased another home 5 months ago. The very first night we stayed here (my gr'daughter and I) hubby was out of state working, we were going to sleep in one of the bedrooms.I heard a bunch of whispering, like a...

Is my house haunted ? [ 45 Answers ]

Is my house haunted? Things keep moving around ill put them in one place then ill find them in another. My little boy who is autistic sees things but he can't tell me what he's seeing but stares and giggles. I hear my name called but when I ask who's shouting me no one in house has. I get strange...

Is the house haunted [ 9 Answers ]

I've been going round a friend of mines house now for about a year. Everything was fine until about three months ago when strange things started to happen it started with small things like things being moved or going missing and then finding them in different places where I know for a fact I did...

How can I tell if my house is haunted? [ 43 Answers ]

:o Weird things have happened off and on the past 4 years we've lived in our house. It was terrible at first. Terrible dreams about the house, about bodies buried in the walls. It felt like there was a male spirit present at times, not a good one but maybe wanting to scare us? My daughter, for...

View more questions Search