Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    strong__dan Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Oct 15, 2007, 11:33 PM
    Biology genes
    1. In the housefly red eye color (A) is dominant to green eye color (a). Black body colour (B) is dominant to brown body colour (b).
    a) Illustrate a cross between a fly homozygous for red eyse and black body colour and a fly with green eyes and brown body colour. What is the resulting genotype and phenotype of the F1?
    b)Illustrate a cross between a fly heterozygous for red eyes and black body colour and a fly homozygous recessie for both characters. Give the resulting genotypic and phenotypic ratios.
    c)After predicting the results of the cross in part b), the actual cross between the fly heterozygous for red eyes and black body and a homozygous recessive fly was carried out and resulted in the following numbers of offspring: 174 red-eye-black-bodied flies, 186 green-eyed brown-bodied flies, 23 red-eyed brown-bodied flies, and 17 green-eyed black-bodied flies. What do these actual results suggest about the location of the genes for eye coloour and body colour?
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2007, 12:14 AM
    What is it that you don't understand? Have you drawn out tables for each cross? How far have you got? I'm not going to do it all for you, these kinds of questions are almost always on tests so it is better you practice them now. If you get stuck on a particular part I'll help but I'm not just going to give you the answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Biology [ 9 Answers ]

1. What component is present in every part of a loop, such as one That involves proteins producing energetic molecules from sugar? A. Raw materials C. Energy absorption B. Energy release D. Information 2. If you’re using an up-to-date light microscope to examine animal Cells, you won’t be able...

Biology [ 1 Answers ]

Genes produce instuctions only for?

Biology [ 9 Answers ]

According to my hypothesis, bacteria that lived millions of years ago communicated by their body language. In scientific terms, the main problem with my hypothesis is that?

BS in biology? [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of careers can I get with a BS in biology and I minor in health education, in the health care field?:confused:

View more questions Search