Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crystal25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 12:32 PM
    I need some idea.
    I was just wondering if anyone had any idea seeing how I don't... I last had my period on Aug. 31st and have had nothing since.. I had a blood discharge once when I went to the bathroom mixed with a clear mucus... Nothing since that was a about 2 weeks ago... I have a soar chest, hard time getting to sleep, mood swings, and I am eating a lot.. I just did a pregnancy test and it says that I am not pregnant, but I have had sexual contact for the last month straight... What could this be...
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Oct 15, 2007, 12:39 PM
    An at-home pregnancy test doesn't always detect a pregnancy at an early state. Its best when used with your first morning urine. Have you had a blood test for pregnancy?

You might want to call your doctor an make an appointment for one.
    crystal25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LearningAsIGo
    An at-home pregnancy test doesn't always detect a pregnancy at an early state. Its best when used with your first morning urine. Have you had a blood test for pregnancy?

You might want to call your doctor an make an appointment for one.
    No I have not been for a blood test yet, I thought for sure that it would come out that I was pregnant cause I feel different, and the fact that I am so late but yes I will have to call them and make an appointment, I thought that if I was pregnant it wouldn't matter what time the test was done at.. Thank you for your hint..
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Oct 15, 2007, 12:48 PM
    If you take the urine test when you first wake up, your hormones and such are concentrated since you've been sleeping and not "going" as frequently as you would during the day. In an early pregnancy, it will help give you a correct result when your levels haven't built up yet. ;)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 12:49 PM
    For many women an HPT does not detect hCG levels early in pregnancy. I was one of those women and never got a positive earlier than 4 months along.

Now, it is important that the test be taken using first morning urine no matter what the directions say. Why? Because overnight your urine build up in your bladder and the concentration of hCG is not diluted due to drinking or eating. Thus, there is a higher concentration of hCG and it is easier detected in a HPT.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

Any idea why? [ 12 Answers ]

I'm overdue and I went to the doctor today. He checked me and said that I am not even 1cm dilated yet, but that my cervix was very soft and thinning. He took a very long time checking me today, and had a look of worry on his face while doing so. He told me to come back next Monday, and that we...

I have no idea what this is! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, You may not be able to help me but I will ask anyway. I have been very dry and sore down there. I have also had a rash on my breasts and my skin is really dry on my breasts. My periods have been up the wall lately as well. My boyfriend has also had red spots come up on his Penius and they...

Have an idea [ 2 Answers ]

This is a really good place to get your own websites. I use it for my own business. Its only $4 a month with no hidden charges. You do not have to know web design, If you can use this site, then you can easily create an effective site of your own. No software to buy or download. Everything is...

View more questions Search