Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confuesed Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 09:42 PM
    Chlamydia post symptoms
    Just finished doxycycline a week ago. Still have pain in testicles and there is a mal odor. How long is this supposed to last?
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 07:02 AM
    You need to have a follow-up test to make the treatment worked. If the test is negative you need to discuss this with your doctor. Sometimes Chlamydia can spread to the prostate gland and epididymis which would cause fever, testicular pain, and swelling.

You mentioned an odor... it there any discharge coming from your penis? It is common to get urethritis from STD's as well. This would cause pain during urination, discharge, and a redness at the opening of your penis.

Get your follow-up STD test... make sure the treatment worked, then I would definitely see your doctor to clear up anything else that may have been caused by the STD.

Oct 15, 2007, 05:22 PM
    The test was negative. However, after I took a single dose of anitbiod (4pills) I took the second test a week later. Im hoping the test wasnot false because of the antib. But I took another 7 day treatment of 100 mg dioxycycline. Now a week later, there is little pain, no discharge but a bad bad smell. The doctor assistant said the test was negative and she wouldn't prescibe again. So I was wondering if you knew if this is normal. How long should I go in slight pain and bad smell AFTER the test in negative.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 05:25 PM
    You may have a yeast infection due to the antibiotics. Time to go back to the doctor. You should have no pain at all by now and no odor. Both of these signify one of 2 things:

1) Infection not clear
    2) Yeast infection

Oct 15, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Im a guy though.
    Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 05:35 PM
    Doesn't matter, men can get yeast infections. Antibiotics are notorious for giving yeast infections to ANYONE.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 05:38 PM
    Since neither of the people is online that answered your question. Im
    Sure they realized you were a man , after all you said you were having pain in your testicles. In case you are not aware, men can get yeast infections from medication as well as women.

Oct 15, 2007, 05:40 PM
    No freakin way. So what are the symptoms. And how does this happen. Long term effects.
    Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 05:45 PM
    Symptoms include odor, itching, rash, possibly discharge. You see, antibiotics kill off our "normal flora" that keeps us from getting these malady's. There are some germs that are necessary to our bodies to keep us healthy. I know, who knew? But it is true. Antibiotics not only get rid of the bad germs, but also get rid of the good germs. Doxycycline is one of these.

You need to re-visit your doctor to have this taken care of properly. It will NOT go away on it's own.

Oct 15, 2007, 05:50 PM
    Thanks, but one last question. What is the way to test for this? (another test :confused: ) and what is the treatment if I got it. :D

Thanks and good luck with nursing we need more of you nurses. ;)
    Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 05:52 PM
    LOL, you are sweet.

There are over-the-counter meds you can take for a yeast infection, but it does need to be properly diagnosed first otherwise you are wasting your money.

Oct 15, 2007, 05:58 PM
    So I can go to savons and just buy it? Whoa!! What is it? Let me get a head start. Wait. I thought you said I had to go to the doctors.

If I don't need a proper diagnosis, can you give me the name of the med. Is it over the counter? OK last question, or maybe.:confused:
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Confused the next time you take an antibitoic try eating some yogurt, I always gave my children a little yogurt after each dose of antibiotics. This helped them from getting the yeast infections from the meds.
    Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 06:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by confuesed
    so i can go to savons and just buy it? whoa!!! what is it? let me get a head start. Wait. I thought you said i had to go to the doctors.

if i dont need a proper diagnosis, can you give me the name of the med. is it over the counter? ok last question, or maybe.:confused:
    What I said was that you DO need a proper diagnosis. You need to know for sure if it is in fact a yeast infection to be able to use the over-the-counter drugs. Unfortunately, as much as I would like to, I can't diagnose this over the internet.

STDs if left untreated, or not properly cured, can be very dangerous to your health. It may be that the doxy did not get rid of it completely, or the doxy gave you a yeast infection. But without an exam, I can't tell you for sure. I really wish I could.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 06:36 PM
    J9 and bushg are giving great advice, and pointing you in the right direction... nothing more I need to add :)

Oct 15, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Thanks mothers. What a world would be without them. :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chlamydia from hot tub? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, My boyfriend 's friends girlfriend told me she has an std and she hasn't had sexual contact with any but her boyfriend, and he says he has not cheated, so I was wondering if it was possible for someone to get an std if they had no sexual contact with any one other then their partner? Mainly...

Questions about Chlamydia and treatment [ 3 Answers ]

So I won't go TOO much into details, but last month I found out that my fiancé gave me Chlamydia. I'm also pregnant so it worries me. Well I have a few questions. First of all, he was treated before me without even being checked before hand. We ended up sort of getting intimate which involved...

Chlamydia [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have posted on here before regarding that my now ex partner had been receiving masturbation from prostitutes. My last pap smear two months ago showed that I have the hpv virus. I got my other tests back today and I also have chlamydia, for which my doctor has given me antibiotics. My ex...

Hurt confusion chlamydia [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, I meet this guy david everything is going great. On the 7th date we sleep together and then three days later I had my annual(pap smear). I had my pap smear on the Wednesday. Then on the Friday the Clinic called me in the evening. Ive never been called before. I was scared but I did could not...

View more questions Search