Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    secretary1121 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Insatallation of HP Laserjrt1320
    I downloaded the drivers for my hp laserjet1320, however i do not see the printer listed on programs that are installed on my computer. When the program is installed i view my toner level. This is a new installation to this machine. How can i download the program i do not have a disk?:confused:
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2007, 09:03 PM
    The drivers are here: HP LaserJet 1320 Printer series -  Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center

Once you download, the first run just extracts the archive. You will then have to run setup.exe from the extracted directory to install the driver.

The problem is, you have about 6 to choose from. PCL6 or Postscript should both work.
    PCL6 is a better choice, if the printer is low on memory.

I prefer the Universal Postscript printer driver, but it's difficult to understand.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 17, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Kiss,

If you think PS is complicated, have you ever spent time breaking down an operator in PCL6. First its LIFO starting at the operator and within that there are single and double byte operands that have to be converted from Hex to binary or ASCI to determine what is being modified. And that is the easy part. It really goes to a different realm when it starts to define images. :)
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2007, 01:04 PM
    I wrote a few programs in postscript using Word for the Apple LaserWriter II ntx because I was bored. If the text attributes are just so, the printer executes it as a PostScript page. It's stack oriented and I like RPN (Reverse Polish Notation), however I HATE the programming language LISP which is recursive programming.

I needed to do something really weird in a free PC Layout program, EasyTrax, for part of a board, so I outputted the generated PS output to a file and modified the file and fed it to the printer using LPR. I would not dream of doing that in PCL6.

PCL6 is a bunch of non human readable characters. With PostScript the printer needs memory to image the entire page before spitting it out. With PCL6, I don't think that's entirely true. I have a reference manual. And besides, I haven't yet figured out how to get printers, in general, to work under the Cygwin environment under Windows.

A few good uses for Cygwin; a free sFTP server/client, can delete windows files using wild cards, can list and print a Windows directory.

KISS

PS: Do you ever check your Private Messages?
    Why don't you turn on PM message notification?

Oct 17, 2007, 03:43 PM
    KISS,

PCL6 is also a page rendering language and as much of a Chinese fire drill as it is, I much prefer debugging PCL6.

PostScript Three makes too much use of libraries and procs to make the debugging straight forward.

I do have notification turned on that's I how I knew that I had a poisoned penned note from Labman.
    alizzy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2008, 04:13 AM
    !!

??

Apr 29, 2008, 06:52 AM
    Alizzy,

Sorry for the confusion. Kiss and I were debating the which driver is better for you to use.

The drivers are at the web address given by KISS.

Before you go get a new driver, I'd like you to open the Control Panel and then open "Printers and Fax's". Look in there and see if you can find the driver and printer icon for the 1320. If it is not in the folder then you need to get an updated driver from the HP site.

If this is a new purchase, then I would suggest you call HP and ask for the disc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search