Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newmummy Posts: 50, Reputation: 2

Oct 13, 2007, 09:47 PM
    6 month old doesn't like his cot
    My 6 month old baby boy doesn't like sleeping in his cot he would rather sleep in a single bed people have told me to let him sleep in the single bed and to just short sheet the bed and buy some side rails so he doesn't fall out but I just don't no what to do I'm tired and just want him to sleep through the night and he won't do it in his cot he sleeps in a single bed during the day and doesn't wake up unless I wake him but if I put him in his cot he wakes up straight away or 30 minutes later what do I do?
    hmcglynn Posts: 31, Reputation: 7

Oct 13, 2007, 10:12 PM
    I'm not sure if I can answer this question for you because I'm having the same problems with my daughter she's 11 weeks old and when I put her in her crib she either can't soothe herself to sleep or if she's sleeping before I put her in there she wakes up like 15 to 30 minutes later. It seems as though she is awake almost all day. I've been slowly trying to break her of falling asleep in her swing because she's likes movement to soothe her to sleep. I'm going through batteries for that swing like crazy! When she has her "tummy time" she sleeps really good in the middle of my bed. I sometimes wonder if its just a comfort thing because the bed smells like mommy and daddy. I thought it was maybe the bed was softer so I put her comforter in her crib and tried that too. I usually swaddle her before she gets put in her crib and she usually sleeps about 5 to 6 hours at night.
    But anyway I was watching a show the other day about getting babies onto a schedule and getting them used to doing things like sleep in their bed. You can start by doing the same thing every time they go down for a nap or bed time such as turning on the mobile or playing music. Sometimes babies get attached to the blankies and know that means bed time:)

I can't wait to read other answers also I'm sure it will help even more!
    Good Luck and Congrats on the precious little angel.
    supermommy25 Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Oct 13, 2007, 10:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by newmummy
    my 6 month old baby boy dosent like sleeping in his cot he would rather sleep in a single bed people have told me to let him sleep in the single bed and to just short sheet the bed and buy some side rails so he dosent fall out but i just dont no what to do im tired and just want him to sleep through the night and he wont do it in his cot he sleeps in a single bed during the day and dosent wake up unless i wake him but if i put him in his cot he wakes up straight away or 30 mins later what do i do?
    I think you should get him a small toddler bed... come on now... would you like sleeping in a cot? If you put him in a single bed during the day then at night put him in a cot of course he isn't going to like the cot because the single bed is I'm sure a lot more spacious and comfortable. That is like a homeless person for example... being in a nice warm house and sleeping in a nice big comfy bed... during the day... then at night he has to go back out to his card board box or his bench in the alley some where and try to get comfortable and go to sleep... it's not going to happen because he has gotten so used to that nice warm house and that bed that he is not going to be comfortable in his box anymore and he will not be able to sleep for long if he sleeps at all... I know a little lengthy but come on he is just a baby but he is smart, by him not going to sleep in his cot he is trying to tell you " look mommy put me back in the big bed" he knows what he wants he just can't verbalize it yet... lol
    newmummy Posts: 50, Reputation: 2

Oct 13, 2007, 10:21 PM
    Thanks supermommy25 he hasn't been sleeping in a single bed of a day for long he used to have his day sleeps in his cot and slept fine until about 2 weeks ago so I tried him in our spare single bed and he didn't want to wake up so you think I should put him in a bed I'm so scared
    fiend101 Posts: 234, Reputation: 56

Nov 6, 2007, 07:02 PM
    I'm not sure I understand "cot" but a baby who is only 6 months old should probably be in a crib. However, My son refused to sleep in his crib at about 15 months old. We bought a twin/single matress and put only that on the floor. He was close to the ground so he wouldn't get hurt from rolling out. He did sleep much better after that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband doesn't seem to be interested in sex [ 3 Answers ]

He likes blowjobs... and he likes it missionary style... okay... ive never been in this kind of situation before... we have only been married 2 months... at first he would touch me... kiss me.. but he seems to not like to kiss or touch me anywhere... my last guy was younger than me and we had sex...

First she does now she doesn't I don't ged it [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend wanted to have the baby she was excited now she doesn't and I don't now what to do now she's 4 weeks pregnant :confused: :confused:

My boyfriend doesn't think I care [ 3 Answers ]

Hi its me again I just don't understand one day he loves me the next day he can't stand me well anyway my boyfriend thinks that I don't care about him last night I asked him what was wrong and he said why do you care now should I talk to him about it or should I just leave him in the dust because...

How is cot worked out [ 1 Answers ]

1*(0.6+cot(180/44)) The Above Equation Is Bugging Me As I Do Not Know What Cot Is, Could Some On Please Help Me Out

View more questions Search