Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BIG_AL101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 08:28 PM
    1998 Chevy Cavilier Won't Start !
    Everything was fine till today. Now I turn the key and nothing. Battery is good. No previous starter problems. It just seems dead when I turn the key. The theft system light is on and I tried the key on for 15 minutes. Suggestion and the light never went off? Can anyone help?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2007, 05:03 AM
    The Anti-theft system,likely disabling Starter, and needs to be disarmed, repaired, replaced, or bypassed.
    Double check shifter position, maybe move around to Neutral.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1998 chevy cavalier ets light, won't start [ 21 Answers ]

Hi all, hope someone can help with my problem. My sister has a 1998 chevy cavalier z24 automatic 4 cyl. About a week ago the ETS light come on, no other lights. The buzzer was buzzing when she put the key in to start it and going down the road it would go off and on. Then it started jerking and...

1998 Chevy Cavalier ETS light on [ 3 Answers ]

We just purchased a 1998 Chevy Cavalier last week for my daughter, it has 65,000 miles. It has been driving fine, except today the ETS light went on, it was sluggish and then the car died.. the engine light went on, oil etc. She started it up again and parked it, but what would make this ETS...

1998 Chevy Cavalier needs a new ignition module and coil.I think [ 1 Answers ]

My car's been running perfectly fine, and then last Saturday I started it up to take it in for an oil change, and the engine jerked and then a few seconds later cut out completely. I started it up, tried revving the engine since it seemed like it was having trouble getting things going, but nothing...

1998 Chevy Malibu series of problems [ 1 Answers ]

Over the course of the last 2 weeks, multiple problems have been occurring with my 98 Chevy Malibu. First it would not start or even attempt to roll over. When the key was turned to off position, RPM gauge went crazy and moved all over the place. The problem was diagnosed and supposedly fixed by...

View more questions Search