Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leonie86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 01:55 PM
    How can I get rid of my insecurity
    How can I get rid of my insecure feelings?
    Angel_Wings Posts: 105, Reputation: 13

Oct 11, 2007, 04:12 PM
    I read a book once that helped me to change my thinking:

"What To Say When You Talk To Yourself"
    By: Shad Helmstetter (not sure of the spelling?)

We don't 'just' think or talk our way out of our insecurities.

Confidence comes from 'doing' too.

... and from acknowledging and 'owning' the good things we do, and the good parts of ourselves.

We too often want to downplay or diminish thinking we're not good 'enough' or 'worthy'.
    Try to watch for those in your thinking, and replace them with a more healthy and "truthful" thought.

One other thing that I do, really it's true!
    I literally reach around myself and give myself a pat on the back whenever I think I deserve one.

... and a hug, when I need one!

Works for me.

Wish you well!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jealousy and insecurity issue ruining relationship [ 8 Answers ]

I really need someone’s advice! Sorry this is so long but please if you want to help me just read it all the way through. I would really appreciate hearing some input on what to do. Thank you. My boyfriend and I have been together for a little over 10 months now and I’m watching our relationship...

Insecurity in relationship [ 1 Answers ]

Should a woman play hard to get in a relationship and if so how can she when she feels needy?

Insecurity and trust [ 3 Answers ]

At some stage in a relationship, chances are someone is going to get some jealous or insecure feelings. These can lead to distrust and ultimate relationship breakdown. Trust can come from an incident with a third party, a build up of action.. Or just an overall jealous person.. there's heaps...

Is there a cure for jealosy and insecurity? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I admit Im a jealous person. Definitely NOT envy but jealousy. I don't like my boyfriend staring at other girls. I don't like him being with female friends. I get upset with it. Im trying to control it and Im not showing him that I'm jealous some times. I am still unsure if that is also...

Reasonable suspicion or insecurity? [ 14 Answers ]

Hey all.. I am a 21 year old male who is currently engaged to the love of my life.. ill get right down to the problem.. I recently got out of basic training for the U.S. Army, and while I was in there my sister told me that my future wife had cheated on me.. my sister had not seen it but rather...

View more questions Search