Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baker44 Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Oct 11, 2007, 10:38 AM
    Cats chewing on houseplants
    What can I do to keep my cat from chewing on real and artificial houseplants?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 11, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Check it out at a pet shop, green and white bottle of spray called Bitter Green Apple. It also stopped my child from thumb sucking.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2007, 08:49 PM
    And you may want to consider growing kitty some safe plants of his own to nibble on. You can find grass kits at any pet store, or just pick some up at a gardening supply store. Then, you just need to redirect him from the "bad" plants to the "good" ones.

And keep lilies out of your house until you have this under control!
    51. Easter lily
    CFA: Lilies Can Be Deadly to Your Cat

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chewing gum... [ 2 Answers ]

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this thread, if it isn't can one of the mods move it. I had a question about chewing gum. What do you think about it? I heard many benefits of chewing gum. Although I also heard of some negative aspects of gum chewing, they weren't as many... :)

Chewing on Boxes [ 2 Answers ]

I have been the happy Mom to a 10 year old neutered male with a gimpy paw (surgical revision). He has been with me since he was a feral foundling, approx 8 weeks old. He chews cardboard. He doesn't swallow, just chews. Boxes don't stand a chance. Anybody had experience? The vet says he is...

My new female cats hates all my male cats! [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a new female cat but she is like a year old, all my male cats like her and want to see her buy she just starts hissing at them and they get away... I want them to get along but I don't know how... I have 4 males one is a year old , the othere one is 5 months and the other 2 are 2...

Chewing progress [ 3 Answers ]

Hi again. Dunc is getting a lot better with the chewing. We have used the distraction technique & leave his leash on so when we catch him we can pull him away & "NO" then give him another toy. He loves lemon juice & were told if he likes that the bitter apple will have the same effect. Not...

Houseplants [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a plant,"Ivy Starling",I followed the light and water instructions and for the first few months it was lovely. Then some of the stems started drying up . I had treated it for aphids and it did not seem to hurt it. When it started dying,I repoted with fresh soil and a clean pot. It seemed...

View more questions Search