Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RayDi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2005, 10:03 AM
    Monitor screen blank
    I have a Dell Dimension XPS-B533r. The PC starts, but beeps three times. The power button on the PC is not lit but the fan is running and there is an orange light on the cpu that is lit. The monitor turns on but the screen remain black. The status light on the monitor is flashing green. The monitor passes a self test with the video cable disconnected from the PC. What do I do next?
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Oct 20, 2005, 11:50 AM
    Depending on your bios, the beeps mean different things. Here is a link to a site that describes them. Try to match the beeps to the description e.g. long beep, short beep, pause etc and let us know which symptom it describes. We'll take it from there!

http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm
    RayDi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2005, 06:40 AM
    Monitor screen blank
    The three PC beeps seem to be about a half second apart.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Oct 21, 2005, 07:24 AM
    Try removing and replacing the memory in your motherboard.

If possible, try to swap the memory chip with another working one.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2005, 04:58 AM
    Won't boot
    Hi,
    Have you ever been inside a computer? Taken off the case? If you try removing modules, PLEASE be sure to ground your body with a grounding wrist strap, or even touch the outside of the case before you touch anything inside the computer. You could possibly fry components with static electricity.
    If all else fails, why not take your computer to a local computer shop, ask about repair cost, and have them look at it? It might save you a lot of time, if you need your comuter every day.
    I do wish you the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blank Screen at start up [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I have recently upgraded my PC at home and built it all myself in my existing case. I offered my friend my old parts etc. and I offered to build him a PC out of the old parts (seeing as I had been so successful with my PC :confused: ). All that has been added that is new is a HDD &...

Blank screen on start up [ 3 Answers ]

OK... I built my comp w/ a iwill kd266 & amd tbird 1.1 ghz I recently opened to add a dvd drive and when I reconnected everything and turned it on, the screen remains blank... 512 mb SDRAM 80 gb hd 52x CD-Rom 16x DVD-Rom 48x CD-RW ati radeon 7000 64 mb pci soundblaster 5.1 belkin 10/100...

Blank screen [ 3 Answers ]

While on the internet my computer froze up and when I did control alt delete my screen went blank with all wavy lines. I shut the machine off and sbooted up again only to get the blank screen with wavy lines. No matter what I try I cannot get to my desktop. Can anyone help? :eek:

Blank screen at start-up [ 2 Answers ]

At each cold start, the screen remains blank. Only after two restarts or resets, screen comes up and everything works correctly.? Have put in another videocard (GF2) and then monitor display came up at first try. Then tried my videocard (GF4Ti4200) in another PC and worked properly as well....

Blank screen at start up [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I recently swopped hardware of a P133 PC with that of a P200 PC. What I really changed was the processor of the p200 and move a hard/dr from a P100. After connected properly, the screen just became blank. I have checked the memory modules, the h/d and all. Could the processors be dead? But...

View more questions Search