Oct 9, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Why is iron attracted to magnets
    Why is iron attracted to magnets?
    Please help me running out of time!:confused:
    terryg752 Posts: 197, Reputation: 4

Oct 10, 2007, 06:30 PM
    NOT SURE, BUT I THINK THE ANSWER IS:

Electrons have negative charge

The magnet makes the electrons in iron to move so that one end of the iron has more elctrons than the other end, Result: one end of iron has positive charge, other end (with more elctrons) has negative charge.

The magnet also has one end having positive charge and the other with negative charge.

The end of magnet with negative charge attracts the end of iron with positive charge. This is fundamental principle of electric charge.
    biackgoku Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Oct 12, 2007, 10:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by frannie794
    why is iron attracted to magnets?
    please help me running out of time!:confused:
    Iron is attrated to mangnets becase the tiny molicues heat up and creat a magnetic beriar that can't pick up things that is what I think o yea add me to buddys list I will teack more about magnets

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is he attracted to me? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello,I am a 26 yr female my partner is 27.we have been in a relationship for 4yrs with a 16mnth daughter.im having trouble with our sex life or lack of.my partner just seems to not be interested in me anymore.since having our daughter,people have told me it's the best I've ever looked,I have no...

Attracted or not [ 20 Answers ]

Hi Can anyone please shed some light on this. I am 34 years of age and for the past year I have had my eyes set on this younger women, she's around 22 years old. We saw at the gym around 1 year ago, we looked at a few times from a distance, each time I looked, she was looking back, the feeling...

Magnets [ 3 Answers ]

I have magnets to keep kitchen cabinets closed. Two of the magnets have gotten very weak. How is it possible to restore the power of the magnet? Thank you!

Dodgehemi1 Can I glue magnets back in flywheel [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 12.5 horsepower Briggs motor. The magnets come loose from the inside of flywheel. Is it possible to glue them back in? Will it work?

Difference between Iron palm and iron fist [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone give me some info on the difference between Iron Palm and Iron Fist training? And also just some overall wushu reference pages and stuff would be appreciated.

View more questions Search