Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    layla1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 04:11 AM
    Sex before abortion
    Hi guys, I'm new :) pleased to meet you all.:D

Ok, I know some people may not agree with abortion, but I'm here for help not criticism:rolleyes:

2 weeks ago I had an abortion (which I regret) :( The night before (as I was already pregnant) my husband and I had unprotected sex... would all the sperm have been removed during the procedure or is there a chance I could have fallen pregnant again within these last 2 weeks? We've not had sex since that night, as it is not allowed after abortion due to the risk of infection. Help please I am a bit worried... I am still having pregnancy signs, such as increased vaginal discharge and sensitive breasts with tingly nipples.. are these signs of the pregnancy I terminated or could they be signs of a new pregnancy? I am not sure if (after the abortion) I would have started ovulating again straight away, or would I have to wait until I had had a period?
    MrsHec4 Posts: 118, Reputation: 4

Oct 9, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Those are probably still symptoms from the pregnancy you just terminated. Your hormone levels do not just drop down to zero once you terminate, it takes time.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 03:13 PM
    An abortion is a shock to your system, you probably wouldn't have gotten pregnant even if any sperm was still present.

You hormones are still adjusting to the fetus being gone... for all your body knows.. you are pregnant. It is going to take a bit of time for your hormones to adjust to the pregnancy suddenly ending.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abortion? [ 54 Answers ]

I haven't told anyone about this... if I had a baby now id would be so unhappy. I don't have the money or the time kto put into it... same with my boyfriend... we are not married yet, we are taking things one step at a time, if we had a baby it would screw up our plans. You know? Well if I turn...

After abortion [ 13 Answers ]

I had an abortion by using pills before 9 months my periods are also normal after that but there is secreation of white liquid from my breasts and liquid comes out of the nipples from multiple holes.I m worried please tell me what it is?

After Abortion [ 12 Answers ]

I have had three abortions. After my third one I never really got my period but I do bleed once a month as if I have my periond. Can you tell me what's going on?

Abortion [ 1 Answers ]

Abortion I have a an abortion on the 29th of sept. I was fine after the abortion I had little to no bleeding.. on the days following the surgery . Now 9 week after the procedure I still have not had my period. I am having cramps which I thought where periods but still no periods. I am not...

View more questions Search