Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2007, 08:54 PM
    95 chevy van ignition
    My ignition broke. There is no pinhole to remove it. I got the cover rim off it and
    Friends tried drilling the ignition so the slide hammer would fit in the key slot and it isn't making a dent. It looks like the strongest bullet wouldn't make a dent in it. They managed to
    Get the slide hammer in some and tried it three times. It looks like it budged a little but not enough to where it is even coming out of the steering column. They said they are going to try a diamond cut drill bit and try it again tomorrow. Does anybody know the easy way to get it out or any ideas on how that makes ignition is suppose to come out?

Thanks
    P.S.
    Please don't say there is no help for me :(
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 09:44 PM
    Nohelp4u::: I have a 1992 chev. Pickup that done the same thing I found the best way to get it out and replaced is to go through the steering, what I mean is to remove the steering wheel, then the parts under the wheel.You will need a wheel puller to get it off. Once you have the wheel *( steering) and remove the internal parts the ign is easy to remove and replace . JUST remember hou the rest goes back in . It took me about 1 to 2 hrs. to do the job . GOOD LUCK<IF I CAN HELP JUST GET BACK ON HERE> IF I have helped ,RATE my answer. F.B.E.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2007, 10:19 AM
    Yeah I was trying to avoid that. Now my body guy says he is going to replace the whole steering column at his expense. He owes me any way but I wanted the cheapest easiest way.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chevy van [ 1 Answers ]

Moisture forms inside headlights on 2005 chevy van

Chevy G20 van won't start [ 2 Answers ]

My '82 Chevy G20 5.0L van won't start. I put in a new battery (probably not necessary) and the lights work, but nothing happens when I turn the key (the accessories won't work either: for example, the fan does not com on when I turn the key. Any ideas? I know that electrical problems can take...

Chevy Van [ 2 Answers ]

Who wrote it and who sings it?

G20 Chevy Van [ 1 Answers ]

I have an error code of 37 for my Chevy G20 van. It stalls after 15 minutes or less of running. Suggestions?

1991 G-20 chevy van 5.7 [ 2 Answers ]

I went out to start van nothing happens .changed battery checked all wiring still nothing.dome light,horn ,and head light work.any suggestions to help me out thanks ed

View more questions Search