Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mysticsusan Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 10:22 AM
    Bank account held by creditor
    I found my bank account with a zero balance, Friday night, $1600 was missing.
    I called the bank and they said there was a judgement against me and my account was attached. I went to the bank the next morning and all they gave me was a phone number of a law firm they would not give me any information. They would not give me a print out or copy of the judgement.
    I don't know who has this judgement or even what it is for I do have outstanding debts, but didn't know anything of this or believe me I would not have my check direct deposited.
    I am not sure how to go about getting this reversed. I have no money, my rent check is going to bounce. The IRS deducts payment from my account on a monthly basis. The funds will not be there now. What can I do?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 10:30 AM
    The Bank Must Have In It's Possession A Writ Of Garnishment If They Don't They Cannot Legally Remove Any Funds From Any Account. Go T O The Bank Demand A Copy Of It, If They Don't Have Tell Them They Must Put It Back Or They Will Be Held Accountable.
    Mysticsusan Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 10:37 AM
    Honestly I did that Saturday and was taken away in handcuffs by police in an ambulance and spent 12 hours handcuffed to a bed they said I was acting irrational but it is all on tape at the bank and I wasn't I was just asking for some copy of the judgement so I could go to civil court to fight it and they would not give me anything but a number to a law firm and they were no help I assume it's the firm that has the judgement but they would not privide me any information either. I plan to go to the civil court tomorrow but don't even know what to tell them or who to speak t and I have nothing from the bank to prove this the statement says cash withdrawal but I did not withdraw it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgement with my bank account what happens to the money held? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a judgement against me for an old medical bill, they froze my account and took the money out, if I pay them in full does that money that was froze get put back into my account?

Creditor threatening bonding at bank [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter is behind on a credit card after having her first baby, single mom, no extra money to get current on this card. The collections co. is calling her at home and work! They told her that if she could not pay a certain amount in 1 week, that their next step would cause her to lose her...

Creditor after me for a 10 yr old account [ 1 Answers ]

My husband received a collection notice on a phone number from California from afni collections. We have lived here in Las Vegas for over 10 yrs. The account was from 5 yrs ago in California on some phone bill. The address they gave him we never had AND we lived in Vegas for 10 yrs. They had my...

Can a creditor garnish a bank account if there is a payment agreement? [ 3 Answers ]

A while back I asked a question for my friend who is disabled on social assistance, and was being bothered by creditors. Well, since that time, she has made arrangements with the creditors and is paying them $25 a month towards her debt, which is all she can afford with her low income. The...

View more questions Search