Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sujit Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Oct 6, 2007, 11:22 AM
    Landlord refuses to fix hotwater
    Hi
    I am in Plantation, Florida. I moved into this apartment 4 months ago. Hot water stopped (low pressure,might be) in tub and shower (rest of the taps are ok). I informed my landlord and he fixed it. In the next few days we started to have the same issue. Now the hot water comes only when it is kept at maximum and its too slow. I have been following up with the landlord and he had been telling me that he will send a plumber (for the last 2 months the same answer). Today when I called him he says that's how the hot water works and he is not going to send anyone. I have a lease agreement till end January 2008. I have given a security deposit of $950. I am not sure what I have to do at this point. Please advice.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2007, 11:27 AM
    See if your water company or neighbors can say that it is the way it is. If they all have good water pressure or even if your water pressure is good in the rest of the house then it is probably a real problem with the shower.
    You can legally set up an escrow account with a lawyer or a bank where you can put your rent and the landlord isn't allowed to touch it until the problem is fixed.
    Sujit Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Oct 6, 2007, 12:21 PM
    To open an escrow account it needs both of us to agree to the terms and conditions. But the landlord is refusing to accept even though he knows there is something that he needs to fix. But I can still have a look at my neighbors and let him know. THanks for the piece of advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kansas: landlord won't fix air conditioning, what can I do? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I rent an one-bedroom apartment, I live alone. Over 30 days ago, I notified my landlord by phone that my air conditioning unit did not work. They made out a work order. No one came by to fix it. About a week later, when rent was due, I attached a detailed note about the problem to my rent...

Can a contractor put a journeymans lien on my home if he refuses to fix the problems? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Follow up but different question from yesterday... contractor did landscape work and a large part of it was horrible work, and steps are dangerous. I asked him to fix all the problems and he walked off saying merry christmas, he wasn't going to fix anything, but if he heard me talking...

Landlord will not fix air [ 3 Answers ]

I have been in my building 3 months now and my airconditoner has went out, this is a commercial building, my landlord will not call me back & will not answer my phone calls. I have been doing research and I will mail him a letter but what else can I do since you have to be in a building for 6...

Landlord won't fix dryer, what should I do? [ 6 Answers ]

I recently moved in to a house with two other roommates, and all three of us are on the lease. Recently, the dryer sprouted a gas leak. We called the gas company, they identified the source and shut off the gas to the dryer. We called the landlord and she told us, in so many words, that she...

Low hotwater pressure, plumber wants $$ to fix, I think I can do it myself [ 35 Answers ]

I'm fairly handy but the whole gas/hot water thing intimidates me. I have a 10-12 year old Rheeem Ruud hotwater tank and my hot water be it hot - has horrible pressure from every faucet. The plumber wants at least $100 dollars to come fix it and said they know exactly what it is - and made...

View more questions Search