Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DMcCumber Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2007, 07:28 AM
    What to do
    We have been together for 10 years married 4 and have a one year old and two year old. He says he loves me but is not in love with me, what do I do? Do I leave him alone because I don't want a divorce?
    Goddard Posts: 50, Reputation: 9

Oct 6, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Well, divorce isn't the answer, but neither is leaving him alone. If he isn't still in love with you then something is wrong and you need to find out. And he needs to tell you.
    DMcCumber Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcCumber
    We have been together for 10 years married 4 and have a one year old and two year old. He says he loves me but is not in love with me, what do I do? Do I leave him alone because I don't want a divorce?
    He won't talk to me and when he does he won't talk about us, all he talks about is getting a divorce. No separation no counseling nothing. Every one keeps telling me to just leave him alone for a while and he will come back, but how do I know that will happen?
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Oct 8, 2007, 08:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcCumber
    He says he loves me but is not in love with me
    To take this to heart your husband has made a very realistic statement. Any chance he has no plans to drop away from the marriage? If not then you might be jumping the gun. Has your husband explained what he meant when he said I love you but I'm not in love with you? A non biased view of this statement could suggest that he realizes your relationship has grown over the years, he loves you very much and at the same time recognizes the initial emotions you both felt years ago are no longer making your skin crawl. Once this is recognized we can enjoy those memories and continue loving each other or if we're very foolish and want a reproduction of the chest pounding, eyeball poping, what color boxer shorts should I wear, 2:00 AM pizza, 3:00 AM showers and looking like you just got off the inner galactic space station every Monday morning then go for it Rex but remember you might not love her in 16 months or better yet she may want to reproduce it in a week with a guy at the pizza place.

Be strong and best wishes
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 08:51 PM
    Have you been to or suggested marriage counselling?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search