Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fixallman_77808 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Check engine light
    My check engine light came on four days ago. The car still runs well. The light comes on every time I start and drive it for more than 3 minutes. Also where is the diag port if there is one. Bought the car used and its my first Honda.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2007, 07:35 PM
    From what I understand most cars are programmed for the light to come on when it hits certain mileage points whether it needs anything or not. You have to take it to a garage to get it reset but it is most likely a good idea to get whatever routine maintenance it might have not gotten within the time.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2007, 03:55 AM
    Most OBDII (On Board Diagnostics) ports are easily spotted and located just under the driver's side dash.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2007, 07:00 AM
    AutoZone will check codes for free. Sounds like it may be for an oxygen sensor, after it comes out of "open loop" mode.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Check engine light is on [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 89 Honda Civic, and the check engine light comes on.When the light comes on the car feels like it gears down, and when the light goes off, the engine takes off like normal. I'm thinking that it's a sensor,but can't figure out which one. The plugs and wires need to be changed, and I have a...

Engine check light [ 3 Answers ]

I love my 2002 Sonota (hyundai) but since I vacuumed the carpet the engine check light has come on. I check the harness under the driver seat and all seems to be connected. Dealer turned it off once and it came back on. Can I do anything about it. Not confident in wasting a few hours off work...

Check engine light on [ 3 Answers ]

I brought my toyota solara 2002 to the dealer for diagnosis "check engine light on". The dealer suggested to change the canister that worth $ 300 bucks! I did try to change the canister cap but in a few days the warning light popped again. Any other suggestion? Thanks.

Check engine light [ 1 Answers ]

My check engine light goes on after 15 minutes of driving how do I check what's wrong?

Check engine light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1990 honda accord ex and the check engine light stays on, Also it takes 3 to 4 minutes to start the car.

View more questions Search