Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goldiebubbles Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Sick goldfish!
    I started with one goldfish before getting my second. When I got goldfish #2, he was bigger than goldfish #1. I noticed that my goldfish #2 would get "bullied" by #1. #1 would like to push him and when I fed them #2 always would just sit at the bottom of the tank, while #1 ate a lot. #2 became skinnier than #1 and then sadly #2 died. I thought this was because #1 might have just "abused" him and that led to his death, however now my goldfish#1 isn't eating and looks thin. It looked like she was having a hard time breathing. She's in a tank and I have a filter, I'm not sure if it could be ick or something... I don't see any white bumps. But my goldfish is in some kind of distress, please help!:(
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2007, 05:02 PM
    Sounds like goldfish #2 had an illness and passed it on to goldfish #1.
    If there is no visible signs of illness it could be a bacterial infection.
    Your local pet/fish store sell medication to treat illness.
    goldiebubbles Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2007, 11:53 AM
    I think you're right, thanks so much for answering my question! I got the medicine yesterday and she looks chipper already!
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2007, 12:13 PM
    You're welcome
    deathcool10 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2007, 07:52 PM
    That's normal. WHen a new goldfish joins the tanl they will starts to fight or the fish #1 nibbles the #2's fin, maybe they just don't get along

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Goldfish [ 1 Answers ]

I have two new goldfish just put into a fish bowl yesterday and now today the water is cloudy. What should I do?

My goldfish [ 3 Answers ]

I have a new tank with 4 goldfish I want to know if I can put the cycle nutrafin in the water while the fish are in the tank and can someone please tell me if goldfish need oxygen meaning if the do what can I buy to help them get it I have a filter but what else do I need ?

My goldfish [ 1 Answers ]

Lately my goldfish have been swimming around the top a lot. :confused: They will go a little above the water and come back down.:confused: They will go near the bubbles and come back down. Sometimes they will go all the way down. But most of the time they are swimming around the top. Why are they...

Goldfish Help [ 3 Answers ]

I have had a goldfish for 6 years and she has survived a lot of sickness! I live in a small apartment and am currently having some remodeling work done. Since the work has begun, my goldfish tank has become very cloudy and I believe it is from the incredible dust being caused by the construction....

Goldfish [ 1 Answers ]

I have a goldfish in my water garden and it's forever upside down. It swims for a little while the correct way then it's either facing down with it's tail up or upside down. Should I be worried about this.

View more questions Search