Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hondalay Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Oct 3, 2007, 07:14 PM
    How can I deal with this ?
    -i'm 23 years old , kind of been hanging out a 15 yr ( will b 16 in 3 days ) girl ( we work together)..
    -can it be a big problem ? We went to the movies , her parents know. I just want to know if it's OK to hang out with an underage girl
    .. -i have no intention to go out with her or anything ( though we kissed once and which I will never do again ),
    -she's like my sis now, and I want to take her out sometimes for fun..
    -i know that her parents let her go with me twice , they were OK with that, but if they changed their minds while I'm with her , can I b in trouble?
    What's the worst that could happen to me ?
    And correct me if I'm wrong, I understand that as long as you don't do sexual stuff , it's OK to hang out , right ? Or no ?
    One more- even though we don't do sexual stuff, if she lied that we did , would I b in trouble ? Can she lie about that very easily using her innocent baby face look ? And the court will believe her because she's underage ?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2007, 07:33 PM
    There is nothing wrong with having a friendship with a 16 year old girl HOWEVER it is a very precarious situation to put yourself in. Chances are that she has romantic feelings for you and when you spurn her advances she may cry foul.

I would make it a point to not spend time alone with her and to make it more like a group thing if you plan on continuing the friendship. I would also make it crystal clear to this girl that you have absolutely no interest in her as a girlfriend that you see her as a little sister and a little sister only AND that nothing romantic can happen between you because it is illegal.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2007, 07:59 PM
    I do agree with the answer above, especially about being with her in a group. You definitely are treading on thin ice with having a relationship with her outside of a work relationship. Even if you are "just friends" the fact that you work together also is an issue. 16 to 23 is a huge spread as far as ages and understanding about things. What if she gets mad at you about something and tells a lie? Please think about what could happen. Yes you could get into deep trouble! The law could be involved if she were to say that you did something to here even if you didn't. You would be investigated by the police as well as social workers. You might even have to pay for and take a lie detector test. You might even lose your job!

I think that it would be best to seek out the friendships of others for fun outside of work who are just a little closer to you in age. I think that out of high school age would be a good starting point, like 18+.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 3, 2007, 08:56 PM
    And I can't image what a 23 year old and a 15 year old have in common to share together.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's his deal? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been dating this guy for about two months now. He is not the problem... it is one of my close guy friends. I had a huge crush on my guy friend for probably about a year and he knew I liked him but never did anything about it and basically said he wasn't interested in a relationship. So that...

How do you deal with this? [ 23 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, If you have any kind of disability where it makes you look different and when going to a restaurant someone laughs or stares at you, what would you do? Now to make this situation even worse what if you had some teens taking a picture of you on their cell phone and laughing and...

How to deal with two OS? [ 1 Answers ]

My laptop was previously included windows vista as the OS.. But then I decide to have two OS in my laptop I decided to install the windows XP in it Hope that both of them can work properly But then what I found is very frustrating me When turning on the laptop There are no menu to select...

What is my deal!! [ 52 Answers ]

Ok guys, things have been going so great with me and this girl lately but I STILL find myself being totally disheartened, or almost unwilling to look at things in a up beat kind of way. Last weekend I hd such a great time with her at the lake with her parents and family... I hung out with her again...

What's the deal? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a very normal person from a menstrual standpoint. I never skip. I only did once and that's when I was pregnant with my 5 year old son. So you can imagine why I'd be confused as to why I'm 2 weeks late now. Yes, I took urine pregnancy tests and alos blood tests. Negative both ways. I'm...

View more questions Search