Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Oct 3, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Everything you've ever wanted to know about fitness.
    ... will not be found here.

However, I HAVE compiled the emails that I received, all the comments I get from old clients, and the responses that I've gotten on this and few other forums, and here are some of the answers I'll be providing in the book I'm writing:

Actually, these are things that you'll never have to worry about again after reading the book:

1.) Losing weight- Sounds basic for a fitness book, but I'm sure you've read your share of articles and books, but you STILL might not be happy with your overall physique. I'll explain why that is, and it has NOTHING to do with technique or acquired knowledge.

2.) Motivation & Discipline- I hate working out. But I've found a way to make it as quick and painless as humanly possible and still generate results. You won't worry about motivation anymore.

3.) How to get a "Six Pack." - I got a few emails about advanced fitness, and make no mistake, getting a 6-pack IS advanced once you're older than 28 years old. I'll cover advanced training for people who are fit but want to be extremely fit by lowering their bodyfat percentages as much as possible.

4.) What to believe on TV - I'll teach you how to understand EXACTLY what a product, machine, or diet is offering and how it works. That way, you'll never again have to wonder if something is as good as it sounds or if it's just hype.

5.) New Year's Resolution - Basically, you won't ever need to make fitness a short-term issue, such as a New Year's resolution or a summer time bathing suit fiasco. Save your resolutions for cussing less around small children or something.

6.) How to decipher any new "best selling" book that you might see at Border's and figure out if you even need it or not.

7.) Eating Late- Why I'm willing to bet that YOU think it's a bad thing to eat late at night or before bed, and why you're wrong.

8.) Eating right when no one else is- I don't worry about where I'm eating, simply because I can find something of value nearly anywhere. I'll show you how to not feel guilty about eating "bar food" or whatever.

9.) The 5 Stars of Fitness- Pretty much the whole framework of how I trained clients and myself. I designed it to make potentially complex information easy to absorb and follow.

10.) Which diet is best? - You will NEVER ask this question again, because you will have a full understanding of HOW your unique physiology functions and how to fuel it.

11.) You tell me... it's still a work in progress, so if you think I'm forgetting something or missing something, please let me know...

That's why I post this here. Help me out.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 02:11 AM
    How to avoid injury? I always miss one important stretch which knackers a muscle I didn't even know existed. It probably seems really simple to you but I know I have a habit of getting it wrong as well as my friends. We're only young but we have terrible knees.

Oct 8, 2007, 09:11 AM
    Injury preventing will be covered in the 5 Stars of Fitness area when I go over muscle cells and biomechanical technique :)
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Ahh, cool - thanks for the advice you gave me earlier, I think it's working :)
    I hope your book does well - I'll have to buy one when it comes out
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Why do people sabotage their fitness and diet plans and how can a person see the signs before "it" gets out of hand?

Oct 8, 2007, 01:02 PM
    Could you elaborate a bit, shygrneyz?

I know what you're saying, but if you could give an example of how it's been an issue for you or someone you know, that'd help me put it into perspective.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2007, 05:03 AM
    It has been an issue for me and for a couple of my friends. Seems we start well and then when we hit the plateau, then there comes, "a slice of pizza won't do any harm." Maybe it is the frustration that we encounter and it becomes another, "oh well, this is not working either" and easier to give up.

Oct 10, 2007, 02:02 PM
    Ah, well that'll be easy then. My whole book is actually based around this problem and how to deal with it. The listing of issues at the top of this thread are specific, but they all serve to answer the problem that you (and MANY others) are having.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health fitness ! [ 5 Answers ]

I've tried doing all sort of exercises in reducing my tummy, but there is no good result in doing so. Finally, I'm in need of your help with full hope.

Adapted Fitness? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello group I've recently myself in a wheelchair. Any ideas on how to get a good workout at home? Can't afford a health club and most equipment I had or used you sort of have to stand up. Thanks for any ideas.

Want a fitness buddy [ 4 Answers ]

HEY :D I was wondering if there was anyone who would like to be fitness penpals over the internet.? I am a very athletic girl, yet I am struggling at reaching my ideal body type. I hope there is another person out there who would want to share experiences and successes with me... reply to this...

Want a fitness buddy [ 2 Answers ]

HEY I was wondering if there was anyone who would like to be fitness penpals over the internet. I am a very athletic girl, yet I am struggling at reaching my ideal body type. I hope there is another person out there who would want to share experiences and successes with me... reply to this...

View more questions Search