Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweety_101 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 11:58 AM
    Don't know what to do.
    I had been going out with my boyfriend for about a year. And we had this on and off relationship but it was me doing the breaking up. And practically a day later we'd get back together. I had never really been in an intense relationship before and not to try to sound smug but this boy was head over heels for me. So I assumed hed always be.hed always talk about the future and how he loved me so much and how I was the only one for him. And how hed never be the one to break up with me. SO during out relationship I cheated on him when I went on vacation for a month. And although that's no excuse I ended up telling him cause I felt bad. He broke up with me for about 30 seconds and then said he couldn't do it so we started dating again, that's when he began to be controlling always saying I couldn't go to functions without him and always calling me bringing up when I cheated on him all the time even though he said he was over it. And don't get me wrong I would feel devistated if I was in his position but IF he chose to stay wth me after I told him its his initiative to get over it. So anways our relationship began going downhill our trust with each other was terrible. Because I started getting caught up with all his over protectiveness, we were fighting constantly and near the end it seemed like he had little repsect for me. He constantly started lying to me and hanging out with other girls, but it wasn't just as friends he would full on hit on them. Finally I was going insane I didn't know what to do this wasn't the guy I had started to date, it almost felt like roles were switched finally he broke up with me during the summer and treated me like , would call me a slut, say that he hated me and so on. Of course the idiot that I am took his emotional abuse and still liked him. Finally I decided to end all contact this lasted for about a month before he started being all friendly again to me. So I decided to give it another chance, but once he knew he was given another chance he went back to the same antics. Finally at the end of August I had at least given him a trillion chances in which he ed up all of them. So at the end of August I was jumping this fence to go meet him on the other side. I landed on my ankle funny and ended up breaking it. I was sitting there bawling my eyes out because I didn't know what I just did. He came over and said that I was faking it for attention and that he couldn't deal with it and left. So for someone who says that they care about you and still love you which he did over the summer he even told me he wanted to ask me out again. He wouldn't of left me there and that just showed me how little of respect he had for me I ended up crawling home. I haven't spoken to him for a month. He's called me non stop sending me texts saying how he's changed and how much he misses me and he needs me and so on. I don't understand what he's doing. So finally one day once again the idiot that I am decided to meet with him in person. He was nice and so on said he missed me again said that he still liked me he apologized for doing what he did and realized that was the meanest thing he's ever don't to anyone. But that we couldn't date cause my parents would kill him (no doubt). But that over time mabey that could be changed. Once I started giving my opinion about how I can't just forgive him with a simple sorry that its a lot easier saying that doing. That I needed to SEE him change I needed proof. And that he can do what he wants but that I'm not giving him another chance. So he begged me ALL week to hang out with him on Friday saying that he wanted to show me how he's changed. So finally Friday came and he said he couldn't hang out made up some bull story and that was it. I just don't get it its like If I tell him no he beggs me but if I agree with him he takes advantage of it and treats me like . Im finding it so difficult to get over him and you'd think the whole leaving me there with a broken ankle would have done it well it did but then we goes and tells me all that caring stuff and I'm stupid for believing it. I find that once I start getting over him he calls me and my mind starts wondering what he wants and its just not fair. Ive told him to stay out of my life, he agrees but in a weeks time calls or texts me again. I just want to move on. He was emotionally and physically abusive. And I can't deal with this tug of war any longer.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2007, 12:17 PM
    You need to stop all contact with him. If he calls don't answer. What is he calling for? To suck you back into his web That's why he is calling so you can stop using that reason to pick up.

You need to decide that you really are done with all of this. You need to decide and stand firm by the decision to do what's right by you not him. He certainly never really did what was right by you. It sound like you are starting to stand up for yourself and just keep that up. Don't let him suck you back into this mess.

It sounds like your intentions are all good but that the pull of him is too strong for whatever reason. If necessary change your phone number do whatever it takes to keep him away from you.
    sweety_101 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 09:20 AM
    I know that's the obvious answer.trust me.but how do I forget about someone that constantly is calling me. Ive called my phones company asking how to block numbers but they said the only way is by changing your number and I really don't want to do that. I don't get what he's doing, its just difficult cause this wasn't who I was dating you know. So its hard cause I always think oh he'll snap out of it sooner or later but, in all honesty I can't take it anymore, so I told him that the other day once again said that I'm getting his number blocked and that I want nothing to do with him and he came begging back AGAIN I don't get it and then once I was like well this is the last time your talking to me (meaning I basically gave him a stupid other chance) he treated me like crap again. Like insecure much.Im just going to try to stop all contact but its always so hard cause when his number pops up on my phone I'm just the least bit curious as to what he wants. But then I get so frustrated with myself cause its like frickkk this guys an , and I'm like what am I doing.I guess I'm just not giving myself the time or space to get over all this. Cause I'm definitely not happy with the situation what so ever so that should be a good enough reason to put in my all.
    waterviolet924 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 09:38 AM
    It may be the obvious answer, yeah I agree with you..
    People change, sweety, and sometimes it's difficult to believe, but it does happen.
    If he's begging for you constantly, that means that he knows he's acting wrong and he is afraid that you will stand up to him and dish him away for good.
    Tell him you're not stupid, tell him that he loves something he must let go, even it means for himself to screw up. Just try to your best to ignore him, yeah will be difficult as it takes time. But you'll make it. Good luck! :)
    Hugs, Cristina

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know [ 1 Answers ]

Me And My Boyfriend Have Been Dating For 2 1/2 Years Now... just The Other Day We Got In This Huge Fight. It All Started When I Told Him That I Was Going To Go Out With My Girlfriends He Was Fine On The Day I Told Him But The Nexxt Day He Was Very Upset And Mad... we Have Promised Each other Not To...

I don't know what to do [ 9 Answers ]

:( :mad: :confused: I've been dating a girl off and on I don't know what to do she's the love of my life I just can't let her go I don't know what to do what should I do? I barly get to see her any more.

I don't know what to do [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so there is this girl who likes me but I don't like her and well I kind of been leading her on and I didn't mean to and I don't want to hurt her because we've known each other a long time and I don't know what to do I need help!

Why he don't want to see me often? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My boyfriend never really been in a real relationship (never had a girl more than 2 mths), I am his first. We been going together for almost a year now. I don't understand why he only want to see me once a week when we can see each other more often.

View more questions Search