Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clint bane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2007, 06:46 PM
    Is a federal conviction from the military in Arizona a felony
    I got charged with a federal conviction for wrongful use of a controlled substance. I got sentenced six months in confinement and got out in four months. I want to know if it is a felony and can I carry a gun. And can I get it off my record. I also got a bad conduct discharge.
    bignaked101 Posts: 151, Reputation: 6
    -

Oct 2, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Well, first of all, anything Federal is a felony in almost all cases, controlled substances are usually felony's.

Everyone in the nation has the right to bear arms, BUT you should have LIMITED abilities with that weapon, I have no clue what it is like in AZ but in FL you can't Buy a firearm, but you can get one registered by yourself.

Getting Felony's off your record is the hardest thing to do... You can fight to get it expunged, but the only thing that expunging a felony does is wipe out what you did to get that felony, or in other words the crime you committed. So, lets say, you go to apply for a job, and they see you have a felony on your record, they will say "woah" and not even know what it is for, sometimes getting a felony expunged from your record isn't really worth it, because if it is a smaller felony, like the use of an illegal substance then I wouldn't even do it because your boss might think that you have went out and robbed houses when all you really did was smoke a little dope (if that is what it is). Felony's, in my case, only cause struggle, when there should be a way that you can get them COMPLETELY off any record if you show Improvement. But, another thing is that you were discharged... not good, doesn't help when getting jobs...
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 2, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by clint bane
    i got charged with a federal conviction for wrongful use of a controlled substance. i got sentenced six months in confinement and got out in four months. i want to know if it is a felony and can i carry a gun. and can i get it off of my record. i also got a bad conduct discharge.
    Your legal counsel should be able to advise you on the "outside" ramifications of your situation. The resulting limitations, of course, will be vast and far reaching. You seem to be more concerned with your right to carry, and that is puzzling. You may be able to purchase firearms that are not subject to your restrictions, but may not be allowed to carry concealed. If you have or had an attorney through the proceedings, contact that person and ask. Another way to find out is to apply for a CWP in the state where you live. Or you could also possibly walk into any police substation, court house or such, and ask for a legal account of your status. Bear in mind, any of your recent legal findings or status changes may not have posted, thus any wait could result in denial or revocation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my wife still own a gun with my felony conviction [ 7 Answers ]

I will be sentenced soon to a felony wire fraud conviction. I own several firearms and had a concelaed weapons permit. Obvoiusly all that is now gone forever, but can my wife still own a gun and keep in same household? I have read conflicitng ideas on this and am trying to get the real details.

2nd DUI Felony Conviction, [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: Hi I am 25 year old female living in Long Island ny, I am currenty a student taking on a dual major, working full time. I just took on a summer internship and I am attending an outpatient drug program to which I am compliant and don't have any problems with. I am going to...

Felony Conviction [ 1 Answers ]

Can I Become A Paralegal In Paif I Have A Felony Conviction In Pa?

Felony Conviction [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find a job as a felon. What type of work can I do? Can I go to college and if so what are my options;) ;)

Felony conviction [ 1 Answers ]

How to get a felony conviction explunged from your record?

View more questions Search