Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lrliu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 03:23 PM
    Anyone knows how to tune a Ford Explorer AC colder
    I just had someone replace my old leaking AC compressor on the 98 Explorer. It doesn't blow the air as real icy cold as before. Any idea?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 1, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lrliu
    I just had someone replace my old leaking AC compressor on the 98 Explorer. It doesn't blow the air as real icy cold as before. Any idea?
    Did that someone not vacuum and properly recharge the system to the correct capacity?

Are you certain it's not still seeping out somewhere else?
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 1, 2007, 03:41 PM
    It could also be perceptional.

I've done A/C work on my own vehicles and sometimes thought something was still wrong. Buy a small pocket thermometer and insert it into a center dash outlet. Let the system run and, while driving, you'll hopefully notice a much cooler reading. Typically ten or more degrees cooler than ambient air temps.
    lrliu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 03:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    It could also be perceptional.

I've done A/C work on my own vehicles and sometimes thought something was still wrong. Buy a small pocket thermometer and insert it into a center dash outlet. Let the system run and, while driving, you'll hopefully notice a much cooler reading. Typically ten or more degrees cooler than ambient air temps.
    Is there anything tunable under the hood if all the vacuum & recharge was done properly?
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 1, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Nope. If the system was properly charged and the system is cycling, there's little to be done.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2007, 05:07 PM
    It's a good idea to also replace the dryer/receiver and Thermostatic Expansion Valve (TXV), when you have major air conditioner work done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

93 ford explorer [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the Starter on my 93 Ford Explorer?

RABS Ford Explorer [ 1 Answers ]

The rear anti-lock brakes light on the dash is on on my 1992, is there a likely problem to cause this? I took the sensor out from the differential to clean it but it did'nt help. What's the first thing to check or replace? Thanks Rudy

A/C on a 98 Ford Explorer [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had a new engine put in my '98 Explorer and now the a/c doesn't work. When I talked to the service manager at Ford I was told that they didn't go near the a/c and that they weren't responsible for fixing it. This is what they told me was wrong with the a/c; I needed a new accumulator,...

View more questions Search