Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Toddro61 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Oct 1, 2007, 02:40 PM
    Low voltage wiring
    I am trying to wire some low voltage puck lights. I'm confused as to how to wire them. The trasformer has a black and a white where the 120V goes in and 2 red wires where the 12V leaves. Are both the red wires hot? Is there no neutral? Since the puck lights have 2 wires coming off them, how do I connect them to the red wires? Please help.
    Washington1 Posts: 798, Reputation: 36

Oct 1, 2007, 06:01 PM
    In your case, wire nut one wire to one of the reds, and do the same with the other. It doesn't matter which wire goes to which.
    Toddro61 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Oct 1, 2007, 06:29 PM
    So if I understand correctly, wire one of the puck wires to one red and the other puck wire to the other red? Or do I wire both puck wires to the same red.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2007, 07:28 PM
    You want to make a circuit. It is like one of the red wires is hot, and the other neutral. So a wire from the puck light must be connected to each one.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 10:20 PM
    Good answers , from both of you:: Labman & Washington 1

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mysterious Low Voltage Problem [ 12 Answers ]

Mysterious Low Voltage Problem My daughter & her husband called me about an electrical problem they were having. I got my tools & multimeter and went to their house (11 years old). They had just finished redecorating their master bath. They had removed the wallpaper, and applied texture and...

Low voltage between Ground and Neutral [ 1 Answers ]

I am new to this forum and this is my first question. Should a properly wired 110 Volt house circuit have measurable or any voltage at all between the Neutral and Ground wires? Please advise if more specifics are required for a complete answer. Thank you, Bernard

Low voltage wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing low voltage fire alarm wiring in a drop ceiling. Can I support it on the ceiling wire.

Low voltage wiring/transformer [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have low voltage wiring run for undercabinet lighting in a newly remodeled kitchen the end of that low voltage wire run is in an unfinished basement. Along with that I have a 120v that line that is powered or will be from a wall switch upstairs in the kitchen and also ends in the...

91 honda civic Low voltage leak [ 9 Answers ]

My mother inlaw recently started to have a problem with her battery dying. I can jump start the car and then let the car run with out a problem. I took a to the battery and it appeared that the alternator was working fine. The car didn't have a problem starting after that until the third day. The...

View more questions Search