Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jktrahan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Briggs 14.5 OHV, Valves don't move?
    Snapper front engine with a 14.5 hp Briggs & Stratton motor. Motor died with a loud clanking. Tried to restart and noticed is sounded funny and would not start. Motor spins over, but the pistons are not moving, and of course it does not start. I removed the OHV cover and looked at the rockers while I turned the engine over with the key and the rockers never moved. Any Ideas?

Thanks in Advance.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Hmm, sounds like the time to replace the engine. You can order a short block, or go ahead with the whole engine. Sounds as though you have broken a rod.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to adjust valves on Ohv 16.5 briggs & Stratton [ 13 Answers ]

I would like to know who to adjust the valves on a 16.5 briggs & stratton ohv engine.

Briggs 14.5 OHV won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have replaced the piston and rings in this engine and still have a no start condition. I've run the gammet on this one and have come down to valve timing. When aligning the timing marks, the engine isn't at TDC. How do I find out if the cam isn't 180 degrees out? I can assemble it both ways but...

Briggs 14.5 OHV won't start [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Briggs 14.5hp riding lawn mower that when you try to start the flywheel won't turn or will make a slow turn and pause then another slow turn and stop. I cleaned the ground cables, replaced the battery, carb, and spark plug. Trying to jump across the solenoid doesn't work either so its not...

View more questions Search