Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dee1nextstore Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 08:43 AM
    People
    HI, I am a mom , wife , I have a house nice car and I am a good person only thing is I don't have any true friends. I all ways feel like I am cramping peoples style I am a functional addict . And I believe in God even thought I have flaw's I try to be as good as I can be to people . Why doe's no one like me I am not all that bad fairly good looking , friendly and kind and would do any thing for any body. I am confused . I feel God knows deliver me in has time .Lord knows I've tried with his help . Am not exactly where I want tobe but, better than where I was, know one has it all together all of the time .So why does one one want to be true friends with me .
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Oct 1, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Not quite sure how you communicate with others and can't imagine your lecturing. Your term "cramping" gives me an idea or a sense of your style and if your aware of how your doing that (cramping) it's best to think things out a bit before forming the words but on the other hand if you are communicating in a friendly and caring way without any flavor of condescention then your targeting Barbarians, Isolationists and Romulans and best to buy a used "cloaking device" to maintain your entire personage.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 1, 2007, 11:44 AM
    What do you mean that you are a "functional addict"?

You sound very much on the defensive (understandable) and maybe too apologetic. When you meet someone or are at someone's house, don't go into any details about your addiction or how people avoid you or any of what you said above.

Ask good questions to start conversations--"Which grocery store has the best fresh vegetables around here?" or "I need to find a good bestseller to read. Any suggestions?" Be interested in what the other person has to say and ask good questions to show your interest. Do less talking than other people. Just look interested and as happy as you can without looking weird (i.e. make good eye contact, smile once in a while, use good body language, etc.).
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Oct 1, 2007, 11:44 AM
    I forgot to mention some basics; No Talky Politics or Religion when there are less than three people present and then only if everyone is comfortable with same subjects. Try to avoid insights gained through your religious convictions, ideas that may spring into your head after a glass of wine and specific theories you may have about the nature of humanity and/or it's shortcomings. Remember this, " When verbally defining the nature of the beast all will turn against you and even your own brother will destroy you to preserve their own laziness."
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2007, 11:56 AM
    Some background:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/parent...tml#post346274

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Okay People [ 4 Answers ]

Okay everyone, first thank you for your responses, but I must ask you all 'What are your sources of information'? The reason being is I am in Colorado and I have studies and studied and read and read these statutes. Truly I am following the instructions that I have been given on the matter of...

Why do some people say? [ 5 Answers ]

I am wondering why some people say to use condoms when girls give you head?

For people [ 3 Answers ]

Hello people! I'm a student, I like sport very much. I play football, volleybal, ping-pong and basketball not bad. Also I like to cycle very much. I have a bad bicycle and I want to buy a new bike, but I haven't enough money because mountain bike(on this type of bicycle you can not only ride, but...

Hello people [ 1 Answers ]

Does any body here know how to reformat a PC?

View more questions Search