Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atrice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 05:26 PM
    MAYTAG Model LDE490 dryer not heating up
    Our dryer is not heating up. I can set the time, turn it on, the drum starts turning... everything is doing fine EXCEPT no heat. Any suggestions? I did check the circuit breaker AND the lint filter. I don't have a manual for this machine. Any available?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2007, 05:39 PM
    This is electric? Not good with model #'s. If so, check the element for continuity. If good, check the thermostats for continuity. As well as the lint filter, you must check the exhaust hose from the dryer to where it exits the house. Also you shoud remove the blower housing and clean the lint out of it or the thermal limit will blow and ait is non resetable and will have to be replace. If it is clogged with lint it will cause a "no heat" situation as well

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag dryer electric LDE490 [ 2 Answers ]

My dryer is not working correctly, when the start button is pressed, it just humms and does not start then shorts out. Maytag has no manual for this model, and I feel that it is a relay. If my feeling is correct where would I be able to get the part

Maytag neptune dryer model MDE5500 [ 3 Answers ]

The light comes on inside the dryer but the touch pad on the top of the dryer will do nothing. I have unplugged and checked to make sure the outlet is working, the fuse is not blown and I have called maytag and they had no answers. I am worried I have to replace the touchpad. Is there anything else...

Maytag dryer Model LDE482 [ 1 Answers ]

The dryer won't spin. I disconnected the belt and it still wouldn't spin. I took the motor out and it will turn 1/8 turn in either direction but no more. Is there an electric brake on these things or should it spin freely by hand with no power on? The ohmmeter shows 1-2 ohms between the...

Maytag dryer model pye2000ayw [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is trying to replace the belt on our maytag dryer, but he is having problems threading it. Can anyone help?:(

View more questions Search