Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mfuller49 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 12:14 AM
    Kitten diarrhea
    Keyda, my 8 week old kitten is being treated for coccidia-she has taken the medicine for 3 days now. 1st day after the start of medicine she seemed to be doing better. Stools more brown and starting to firm up. She is going on her fourth day now and I noticed that it is now worse than ever. More slim and really runny, almost like water now and the streaks of blood seems to have returned as well.

My question is, does it get worse before it gets better? Seems like the vet has her on a dosage of liquid medicine that will last a week. . o5 a day.

I am really concerned and I will take off from work if I need to take her in to see the vet tomorrow-saturday so she doesn't have to wait until Monday if she shouldn't wait.

Thanks for all the help I can get.
    katieperez Posts: 236, Reputation: 35

Sep 29, 2007, 07:03 AM
    That does seem somewhat strange that her stools were doing better then got worse. I had a 6 week old puppy that was treated for coccidia and her stools were a bit squishy for a few days but progressively got better. It may be a little different with kittens. Being they're so tiny and all. Has she had an appetite? If she hasn't been eating, there may not be anything in there to make her poop solid. I'd make a quick phone call to the vet and see if they say to bring her back in. Could just be the medicine getting rid of the virus and her body not reacting well to the medicine. The vet will be able to tell you what's going on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will my older kitten ever be nice to my new kitten? [ 5 Answers ]

I have never had cats before. I adopted a male neutered kitten who is now 11 weeks old. Today, I adopted a 7 week old male neutered kitten, as a companion. I didn't realize the size difference would be so great until I got my new kitten home. 4lbs vs. 1.2lbs. My older cat seems to want to play, but...

Diarrhea [ 4 Answers ]

I did not see a section for pets so I thought it would be okay to ask my question under "people medical conditions". My dog is 6 months old and he has had diarrhea and mucous covered stool off and on for about 3 months now. We have taken him to the vet 3 times and the first time it was Giardia, the...

Kitten with diarrhea [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 10 week old kitten and since we got her 3 days ago she has had constant diarrhea. What can I do. She has had her first shots and is dewormed.

Bloody diarrhea [ 4 Answers ]

I have got a female dalmatian dog whose age is 1year I have left my dog at the care of a friend of mine and when I got it back ,first day it was looking tired and sleepy with loss of appetite On the second day diarrhea and severe vomiting started ,I went to the vet who gave it abroad spectrum...

My kitten of 15 weeks is still having diarrhea? [ 2 Answers ]

My kitten of 15 weeks or so is still having diarrhea and I don't know if that's normal for his age. I don't know much about kittens and he is a siamese kitten and I don't know what to do to help him poop regular. I'm just out of high school so I don't have the money to take him to a vet so I need...

View more questions Search