Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brancusio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 09:15 PM
    Could this be pregnancy?
    I had an intercourse 5 months, and 3 periods, ago. Normally completely flat, my stomach has been bulging out for the past 3 months. So I must say I'm beginning to wonder and worry. Is there any chance of pregnancy here? Over the past 5 months, some of my everyday highlights include the following: (1) I kicked caffeine completely; (2) started eating even more fruits and vegetables than before, which was already lots; (3) started exercising vigorously on the daily basis for at least an hour; (4) been taking more natural vitamins and substitutes than ever, including some phytoestrogen herbs, just for about a month and a half and then quit those; (5) and to top it off, I've been partying hard over the past months, so if there were a fetus in this equation, it would be a real hapless endangered one. But anyway, would any of the above cause for one's belly to become notably and perpetually distended? It would always retrieve itslef into perfect flatness, while now I woujld have to make an effort, and even then the lower abdomen stays sticking out. And it feels quite different, like I'm actually unable to retract it, as if something was preventing it or I dodn't have the same natural command of my muscles. I can't make sense of this. I certainly haven't experienced many other physical changes, except for my legs swelling a bit quite frequently, all of which could well be hormonal. Certainly no increase in the apetite whatsoever or breakouts or fatigue. All I'm pondering now is if there's ANY chance of unwanted preganancy here. Or should I be searching in the hormonal, oncological or whatever other directions? It's certainly not digestive. My digestion has been excellent and like clockwork. What do you think?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 28, 2007, 01:26 PM
    The first thing you need to do is buy and over-the-counter pregnancy test. You haven't done so already? If you've had 3 periods and no other symptoms, chances aren't good, but you won't be sure until you test.

A distended stomach could indicate many things. Constipation, pregnancy, diet changes, even tumors and cysts. Not to scare you, but when this happened to me I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer.

Make an appointment for your family doctor or GYN as soon as possible. When you go, take all the meds, vitamins and herbal supliments you've taken in that time. The doctor will need this information to help diagnose what could be happening.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

I have been married for 7yrs without getting pregnant.My husband sperm are normal,I have been using calendar,b.t, ovulation kit still nothing works am really desperate to have a baby and my periods are iregular 27,28,29,34,32cycles.Do u think it is time I go for check up am just 27yrs old

Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex couple of times before my first day of period on 9 Dec 2006.As I was doubtful about myself being pregnant I had taken Norlevo,emergency contraceptive pill.During my this period I had normal bleeding. Right after 20 days of this period, on 29 Dec I had another period in which...

Pregnancy! [ 6 Answers ]

My last period was on nov 25th I was supposed to get my period on the 23rd of dec... a couple days before that I had a little bleeding not a lot it was very light and didn't last long. Could I still get my period anyone have any ideas? I do use the bathroom a lot more but it's also hmmm number 2 so...

Pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

I had my period on September 29 which was 8 days late and it's the October 30th and I have cramps and sore breast can I have gotten pregnant last month and still got my period

View more questions Search