Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsgwen90 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Error: The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process.
    I am using Access as the front end and using a SQL database and some VB 6.0 code.

I have a form that is using a Query that asks the user for a "VehicleID" and a "Date".
    Once the record is retrieved the user can add additional info or edit info and then there's an Update Record command button. The values are writing to a db table in SQL. Once the user hits the update button the error message "The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time". I am the only user that is using this right now because it is still in the testing stage. So I don't understand why I'm getting this error. Could it be in my code? My code is below:

Private Sub cmdAddRec_Click()
    On Error Go to Err_cmdAddRec_Click

Dim rstTrans As New ADODB.Recordset
    Dim fld As ADODB.Field
    Dim strField As String
    Dim Msg, Response

Msg = "Do you want to update another record?"

Sqlstmt = "SELECT * FROM dbo_tbl_HR_Shuttle WHERE VehicleID = " & Form_Daily_Vehicle_Tic_Sheet_Data_Form!VehicleID

rstTrans.Open Sqlstmt, CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic

rstTrans!DateModified = Now()
    rstTrans!UpdateUser = gUser

Me.Refresh

rstTrans.Update

Response = MsgBox(Msg, vbYesNo)
    If Response = vbYes Then
    'MsgBox ("result is yes")

DoCmd.Close

DoCmd.OpenForm "Daily_Vehicle_Tic_Sheet_Data_Form"
    Else
    DoCmd.Close
    End If

rstTrans.Close

Set rstTrans = Nothing

Exit_cmdAddRec_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_cmdAddRec_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_cmdAddRec_Click

End Sub

Please give any advice that you can.
    Thank you:confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 27, 2007, 12:30 PM
    Do you know what line is causing the error? Also, I don't see why you are using ADO. You coould just as easily time and people stamp the record using controls on the form.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jet engine efficiency [ 6 Answers ]

Which would be considered to be the better design over-all? One huge jet engine, or two smaller ones of the same design? I know jets are not measured in the same way, but to give an analogy with normal piston engines, I would be asking: is 500cc single-cylinder, or two 250cc cylinders the better...

Lennox sounds like Jet engine [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2002 Lennox Elite series, gas forced air furnace( no A/C ). The first 30 seconds to a minute sounds like a jet engine that will wake the dead. It heats the house fine, the fan is quiet, the filter is not an issue, the fresh air intake has a screen and is not blocked and the sound is not...

Thermal efficiency of jet engine [ 0 Answers ]

What is the best thermal efficiency of jet engines? Example: gasoline engines are about 30% efficient, diesel 50%, high bypass turbofan??

(vb + access)error  the Microsoft jet database eng [ 0 Answers ]

Hi , I hope you can help me please I wrote a clocking program that people use to clock in,in the morning The program is written in visual basic 6 with an ado control that is connecting to an access 2000 database and using a Microsoft jet 4.0 ole db provider. My ado control settings are as...

(vb+ acces)the Microsoft jet database engine stopp [ 0 Answers ]

Hi , I hope you can help me please I wrote a clocking program that people use to clock in,in the morning The program is written in visual basic 6 with an ado control that is connecting to an access 2000 database and using a Microsoft jet 4.0 ole db provider. My ado control settings are as...

View more questions Search