Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charamelia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 02:41 AM
    Irregular periods and concieving
    My husband and I are currently trying to conceive our 2nd child but my periods are very irregular and I'm starting to think that will never become pregnant again, do you advise any thing I have been of the pill for 4 month and my period dates run a mixture between 26 and 31 days so its very hard to detect my most fertile dates
    :mad: :mad: :mad:
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 05:35 AM
    It can take most healthy couples a least a year before becoming pregnant.

I have had irregular periods since I first started, and now I'm 25 and they still are out of whack.

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for some time now...

Here are some tips that may help...

It's great that you are tracking your cycle, here is a site they may further help you know when you should ovulate.
    American Pregnancy Association : Getting Pregnant: Ovulation Calendar

You could also use ovulation predictor kits. With you having irregular periods, you may have to use them quite frequently (as I do) so I would suggest buying them on the internet at Early Pregnancy Tests and Ovulation Predictor Kits for Home Use. That is where I get mine, they come in all different combo packs and are MUCH cheaper, and work just the same as the ones in the store.

You could also start tracking your BBT (you can Google this to get all the info). But basically when you do in fact ovulate, you body releases progesterone which is a heat-emitting hormone. This hormone causes your normal "waking" temp to rise. By charting, you will know that you certainly ovulated (as ovulation predictor kits only PREDICT that you SHOULD ovulate, they can not tell you that you actually did).

I also highly recommed you getting the book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It is a great book! It tells you all kinds of tips of how to tell by your own body signs when you are most fertile, amond other things. It is a great resource!

I would visit your doctor and let them know you are trying to get pregnant. Most will do some bloodowork to make sure all your hormones are at the right levels to achieve pregnancy. My doctor also started me on Prometrium to regulate my periods to help.

I know the stress that you are going through, my husband and I have been trying for a year for our second child as well with no luck. Through all my charting, we discovered that I wasn't ovulating every month! So my OBGYN will be starting me on hormones soon.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Sep 27, 2007, 10:15 AM
    You might also try Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - FertilityFriend.com
    They helped me to know my cycles and get pregnant with my twins

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular Periods [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 19 and a virgin. I've had irregular periods since I was 14 I was always told they'd straighten themselves out after a few years, but they didn't. I made my 1st appointment to go to the gyn, and I'm nervous on why my periods are so irregular. Is this a common problem with girls my age that...

Irregular periods [ 1 Answers ]

I have always had very regular periods, but last November I got a really heavy period. I didn't get my period again for 6 months, but I had spotting the whole time in between. When I finally got my period again it was really heavy again and really painful. Now the same thing is happening and I...

Very irregular periods! [ 1 Answers ]

OK, I'm 22 years old and I have very irregular periods, they have always been irregular. I haven't had it since September 06' and when I did it lasted for 4 or 5 months. It wasn't heavy though just really really lite basically there was blood only when I would use the restroom and not everyday...

Irregular Periods [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm 19 and I've had irregular periods since I got them at 14. I'm a virgin so I know it's not pregnancy. I'm not sure what it can be and I don't want it to be anything serious. I have my first gyn appointment in about a week or so. I guess I want to know if this is normal or common and if...

Irregular periods [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My periods have been irregular for a few months now. I may come on in the beginning of the month then the next month, I come on towards the middle. Is this normal? :confused:

View more questions Search