Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessica125 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 07:09 PM
    DWI, getting permission to drive for work
    My husband has just been pulled over and got DWI and is set to lose is license on Oct. 13th, for 6 months, and then has to go to court on the 22nd of Oct. he needs his license though for work and I just wondering if any one knew if he would be able to get some kind of thing from court or wherever so he would at least still be able to operate a vehicle while at work. If he doesn't have a job, he can't really pay the fine, you know what I'm saying. If it helps any one, we live in New Hampshire, I don't know all the DWI laws here, but I do know he has to take a driver's course before he can get his actual license back. Anyway, any information any one could give me would be great.
    Thank you
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 25, 2007, 07:13 PM
    With enough proof that there is no public transportation in your area he may be able to get a restricted license provided that he supplies his home address, work address and route to work daily.

He may be able to drive to work and home from work only. But it's really all up the laws in your state and the particular judge you get.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 25, 2007, 09:28 PM
    Most states have some provision for what we call a "hardship license" the name of it and the terms vary from state to state. But your attorney who is doing your DUI case should know the paper work to file with the court for this.

And don't go to court on a DUI without an attorney

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Usb flash drive doesn't work [ 3 Answers ]

I have a kingston flash drive. When I plug in the usb drive my computer detects it but when I click at the drive to open it I get an error Please insert disk into drive H.

Concerned with DWI! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a DWI on my record and I want to know if on an application when it ask if I have ever been convicted of a crime should I check yes and explain or is it considered a traffic violation. It was a mistake that I used very poor judgement and have no other record of being arrest or traffic...

CD-RW Drive does not work [ 2 Answers ]

I got this Poineer DVR110 (external drive) for my laptop . In the beginning it worked fine and did not require any driver.( I guess windows installs the hardware automatically) Until recently I get a message the USB drive is malfunctioning and it stops automatically. I am completely lost and...

Sata Drive won't work [ 10 Answers ]

I can't get my Western Digital 200 gig sata to work, I have an Asus A7n8X-E Deluxe Mobo, which has 2 sata connectors on board, the manual is of no use. I want this Drive as a backup to my main IDE drive or which I have 2 on IDE. I try pluggin the Sata into both connectors, it won't get...

View more questions Search