Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommy2be Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 07:15 AM
    Wondering if I injured or hurt my heart in some way?
    Last night I was sitting at the computer and felt a little discomfort in the center of my chest. Nothing really unusual just a different feeling. Nothing I could not tolerate or was greatly concerned about. However I began to gently push all over the center of my chest and towards the left side of my chest just to see if I had any discomforts when I pressed on places on my chest. A few places felt a little uncomfortable but again nothing that really alarmed me. The problem Im not having is a little bit after I did this I started to feel different feelings in the center of my chest that were now more than discomfort. Again not something that I could not handle but just not very comfortable. It lasted the rest of the night and continues on now this morning. It kind of feels like my chest is leaking in a sense not sure if that makes any sense or not. Just kind of feel funny things in the center now and its just puzzling to me. So Im wondering if when I was pressing around my chest if I could have hurt or injured my heart in any way I really don't think I pushed that hard because I did not feel any discomfort when I did push. Just a side not I have in recent months had 2 EKG's which have come out completely normal and 2 Echocardiograms which have also come back with wonderful results. Really hoping someone has some information because Im driving myself crazy with this. Thank you so much!
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2007, 07:34 AM
    I noticed your user name is mommy2be.
    Does this mean you're pregnant?
    One possibility comes to mind,
    Women can sometimes get chest pains when their pregnant from gas and indigestion.
    Personally, I feel it's a lot worse when pregnant because everything is so squished inside.
    If you've already seen doctors and had tests ran that came back normal, try not to worry yourself.
    Stress and especially anxiety can also cause chest pain as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heart To Heart (BBC News) [ 4 Answers ]

Hello fellow AMHD Devotees, Just thought I'd share this news story with everyone as I thought it was pretty fantastic! BBC NEWS | Health | Woman face-to-face with own heart Goes to show how important organ donation can be! :) And this one, that literally made my skin crawl;

Injured Cat [ 25 Answers ]

About five days ago, my cat came in from outside with a small bloody wound on the side of his head. I did my best to clean it up, and I've been trying to keep him inside until it heals so it won't get infected (though to no avail, as my mom always throws the cat outside when he gets too noisy or...

Injured spouse [ 3 Answers ]

I have had to filed injured spouse forms with our income tax the past 5 or 6 years but this year I am unsure as my husband and I have been separated since January of 2006 I know I can file as head of household but I was wondering if I still had to file an injured spouse form.

Injured child [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter was injured at birth (head injury). She is developmentally delayed and has some motor issues. What I would like to know is, is there any hope of some semblance of a near normal life?

Injured foot... [ 0 Answers ]

I think I've possibly fractured my foot but I'm not 100% sure. As I was walking through my living room, my right baby toe got caught on a chair leg and was bent back. I just thought I had stubbed my toe, but I woke the next morning to a very swollen, bruised foot. The swelling and pain persisted...

View more questions Search